This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Embedded Cycle 1

Started by Brian Whittaker, October 25, 2009 · 2 Replies · 527 Views

Brian Whittaker

Hey all, I'm excited to get started with an embedded cycle, feel free to critique/comment. Thanks!

-B

Embedded Cycle 1

3 Workouts, 4 Days/Week

MT / ThF

9 Week Cycle

WARM UP

60 sec of Jump Rope

3 x 15 sec HS

-8 sec hold on all Embedded Statics

-15 second rest between static and reps

-60 second rest between exercises & sets

DAY 1

3 Giant Sets

1 Embedded BL + 6 XR Dip

1 Embedded PL + 6 Tuck PLPU Neg

1 Embedded FL + 6 XR Elev Row

1 Embedded L-Sit + 6 V-Up

------ End Giant Set -------

3x4 SLS

3x6 Bridge Wall Walks

3x5 HOL Half-Lay

DAY 2

3 Giant Sets

1 Embedded XR Support Hold + 6 XR Dip

1 Embedded PL + 6 Chest Roll to HeSPU

1 Embedded FL + 6 Adv Tuck FL Pull

1 Embedded L-Sit + 6 BL (Pike Up, Str Down)

------ End Giant Set -------

3x4 GHRs

3x6 Windmills

3x3 Wall Extensions

DAY 3

3 Giant Sets

1 Embedded BL + 6 XR Dip

1 Embedded PL + 6 PPPU

1 Embedded FL + 6 XR Elev Row

1 Embedded L-Sit + 6 HLL

------ End Giant Set -------

3x6 Deck Sqt

3x6 Arch Up Circles

3x6 Wrist PU

Brian Whittaker

Ok, so today is Wk 2, 3rd day of my cycle, and I decided I needed to update my workout..

I decreased all max reps to 5 instead of 6 as I read Coach Sommers article that before high reps you should focus on obtaining a solid base strength during the movement.

Decreased XR dips to 4 because I dont feel I have a solid base to do max reps

Decreased my Tuck PLPu to 4 reps because it is my weakest exercise

Completely dropped the Adv Tuck FL Pull because I cant even come close to a proper rep yet, replaced with Muscle Up

The new results is this:

DAY 1

3 Giant Sets

1 Embedded BL + 4 XR Dip

1 Embedded PL + 4 Tuck PLPU Neg

1 Embedded FL + 5 XR Elev Row

1 Embedded L-Sit + 5 V-Up

------ End Giant Set -------

3x4 SLS

3x5 Bridge Wall Walks

3x5 HOL Half-Lay

DAY 2

3 Giant Sets

1 Embedded XR Support Hold + 4 XR Dip

1 Embedded PL + 5 Chest Roll to HeSPU

1 Embedded FL + 4 Inverted BW Curl XR

1 Embedded L-Sit + 5 BL (Pike Up, Str Down)

------ End Giant Set -------

3x4 GHRs

3x5 Windshield Wipers Supine

3x4 Wall Extensions

DAY 3

3 Giant Sets

1 Embedded BL + 4 XR Dip

1 Embedded PL + 5 PPPU

1 Embedded FL + 5 XR Muscle Up

1 Embedded L-Sit + 5 HLL

------ End Giant Set -------

3x5 Deck Squats

3x5 Arch Ups - Circular

3x5 Wrist PU

Brian Whittaker

Quick update: so during the first week I struggled to maintain a proper adv tuck in my XR statics for the full 8 seconds, but by the third workout of the second week I have achieved it, although I'm sure my form isn't anywhere close to perfect. I have found that the Tuck PLPu Neg is really difficult for me to perform - by the 3rd set I can't keep my hips anywhere close to level with my shoulders. The other exercises seem adequate.

Like I mentioned before, this is my first shot at using an embedded cycle and I'm not really sure if I understood everything right. I can already see some improvement in my "strength" and form during these exercises. I'm pretty sure its really not a strength increase yet, just my muscles adapting to the movement. I also don't feel exhausted after my workout like I did the first week, but I do feel like I have worked out.

Let me know if you notice anything off in my routine, or have any tips. Thanks for your time!

-B