This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

SL/PE3 - locking the elbow out?

Started by Fabio Paulus, March 8, 2016 · 3 Replies · 115 Views

Fabio Paulus

Hello everybody,

short question concerning the SL/PE3: I tried it for the first time today and my main issue was locking my elbow out like Orench in the video. This seems to be very stressing on my tissue. Is this a mandatory part of the exercise or is it ok bend the elbow a little bit (just enough to not fully lock out)?

Thanks in advance :)

Cole Dano

If it's giving you actual problems, then hold off on this until you you get to sPL Pe3 or PE4.

Eva Pelegrin
12 minutes ago, Zach Armijo said:

Stress is expected, and your body will receive a lot of it. But as Cole said, unless it's a limitation in pain or the like, then you will be ok. I care not for students' discomfort, I care only for their safety and pain. It's important to distinguish the difference between pain and discomfort.

Hello Fabio, welcome to being uncomfortable. This forum and courses will teach you how to become more resilient and balanced. I'm just happy I've not been dismissed for having too many pains!

Nick Ebner

I've had multiple clients who thought there arms were incapable of straitening to locking out and had pain.  Just keep up your strait arm work and be consistent and it will improve. Working Shoulder Flexion and Extension stretches, such as the stretching and mobility in the Thoracic Bridge will speed this up.