This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

MN/PE1>iM Shoulder Pain

Started by Aivin Yappy, March 7, 2016 · 2 Replies · 107 Views

Aivin Yappy

Today I started the first day of my Foundation training. Everything was okay until I performed the Stiff Leg Windmill with my right arm holding the dumbbell up. When I was going down, my shoulder started to feel pain that was accompanied by a click (anterior side) but the left side was fine (form was relatively equal).

I made sure to keep my joints stacked while reaching down, following the video (turning the dumbbell, some internal rotation). I'm gonna back off and rest it for a while now and try to get a form check in as soon as possible. But what's wrong that might be going on (common errors)?

Cole Dano

Most likely just a combination of too much weight and too tight a shoulder.

When you're back up for ti reduce the weight for a cycle. The early RC and HBP iM's are very helpful for this issue as well as the Pike Lean found in the MN progression.

Aivin Yappy

Thanks for the support, Cole Dano! Yeah, too soon to add that amount of weight, and my shoulders aren't too mobile either so I'm gonna progress slowly. Also, I checked my form just now and my hand was not over my shoulder, after I fixed my form, things felt great. :)

After some rest, I'm going back to training and will slowly increase range of motion and weight for all the exercises. I've learnt to stop feeding my ego after previous minor injuries in the past (calisthenics training) so I'm gonna make haste slowly from Step 1 (since I failed quite bad while testing mastery).