This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Missing a stretch session

Started by James Koppel, March 7, 2016 · 7 Replies · 352 Views

James Koppel

In Olympic lifting, I know that, if I miss a workout, I might lose a workout of progress, and thus take 3x as long to get to where I would have been had I just done the workout.

 

What happens if I miss a stretch session for a week? How bad is it?

Maksis Riley

Missing a stretch causes the world to descend into a dark abyss without any hope of redemption. Do not miss stretch lest you crave Armageddon! 

 

But seriously, if you miss one, you can make up for it on another day, or if there is no chance of doing that then just pick up where you left off. Just don't do what I see so many people do and let it all snowball and you keep missing. Same with diets, people will have one slip up and then think "f*** it, may as well do what I want now". Not that I believe in diets xD

 

Max

 

Edit: I will add though; what's the reason for missing one? If it's because you're not recovered then perhaps dropping to 2 stretches/ week may help?

Christian Nogueira

It's probably fine. You might even see that you've progressed somewhat with a bit of extra rest.

Mark Collins

Don't forget that are doing alot of great active mobilty with Foundation and Handstand.

Gabor Kulcsar

I now gave up the strictly weekly stretching sessions - I see more improvement and benefits with more rest. I repeat the sessions roughly 10 days apart. It is also important because I am sore for about 3 days after a stretching session (maybe I'm doing too much?), and the front split / middle split stretches are somewhat conflicting.

However I also practice or "limber" daily, in the most critical positions (for me), for example, I do a minute of gentle hanging pike and some two squat two pikes every morning - not to increase the range of motion but to discover what range I have available that day and to make sure my body remembers :)

Douglas Reinot

Gabor - Coach recommended this schedule elsewhere in the forums as well. He said that folks saw progress by choosing 2 courses each week and rotating through them, meaning you would hit each course twice in three weeks (or about once every 10 days on average). 

Samin Ishtiaq
Quote
On ‎30‎/‎03‎/‎2016 at 7:40 PM, Douglas Reinot said:

Gabor - Coach recommended this schedule elsewhere in the forums as well. He said that folks saw progress by choosing 2 courses each week and rotating through them, meaning you would hit each course twice in three weeks (or about once every 10 days on average). 

 

Hi Douglas,

Can you post a link to where Coach says this?

Samin

Si Hoang
On 13/03/2016 at 0:57 AM, Coach Sommer said:

Daniel,

Two options come to mind:

1) With only two days a week to stretch simply alternate your stretches (1,2,3) on your F7 days 

2) Add the third stretch after Saturdays Tumbling.

Yours in Fitness,

Coach Sommer

 

Couldn't find the post that Douglas was referring to where Coach goes into detail about the routine but you can see here he gives it as an option if you are time restricted.