This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

broccoli stalk

Started by Merunas Astrauskas, March 6, 2016 · 3 Replies · 186 Views

Merunas Astrauskas

Watched the third lesson for the first time today and already had my asparagus and broccoli for dinner :) Now there's something I've been wondering about. In the video Jeff mentions you only want to eat to top part of the broccoli. So then what exactly makes the bottom part unwanted? I ask because I absolutely love eating the stalk raw! I usually cut around to remove the the outer layer, slice it up and have it with the tiniest amount of salt on top. The tastes reminds me of radish.

Jeff Serven

Merunas,

Noting wrong with the stock, its all good. Most people just don't care for it, thats the only reason I mentioned it. 

Good job on the asparagus and broccoli!

Merunas Astrauskas

The poor souls!  throwing away all the good bits :)

Jason Dupree

Poor souls indeedbroccolid.jpg.c65ac06d4b320df417e28b2963