This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Time between sets for wrist prep exercises

Started by Cameron Williams, March 6, 2016 · 6 Replies · 347 Views

Cameron Williams

I apologize if this has been addressed before.

How much time should we be taking between sets on the wrist prep exercises?

Thanks,

Cam

Keilani Gutierrez

Cameron

programming rest isn't set in stone here, people have done everything from giant sets to checking off one PE assignment at a time. (WP, then FKP, etc.) as for rest times, that could be upto the structure you choose. when I did them as giant sets, my rest after one circuit was a previously mastered HS iM. now that im working on SE3's, I find myself checking off each wrist PE before moving onto the next one and for that, i do need some rest. 30s is enough for me but you're more than welcome to experiment and post your findings :)

Daniel Taylor-Shaut

Hi Cameron, 

 

I normally catch a breath and wait a minute or so. Sometimes less. I do them as giant sets and am about to be on the last deload week of SE3. I was wondering this myself, but from how I understand it. Do it intensely and rest minimally, but enough so that you're fully recovered before you go back to it again (versus the huff and puff for Foundation workouts).

Cameron Williams

Thanks guys!

What do you mean by giant sets?

Cam

Alessandro Mainente

All PE's in a row, then rest for 1/2 minutes and repeat.

Randeep Walia

I personally love doing a giant set, then a set of prior PE/IM followed by the next giant set. 

Kevin Herring

Giant set here.  One set each, in order, shake arms for 30 seconds, repeat until all sets are completed.