What do you think? Any additions, subtractions...
Abs are feeling lonely and shoulders are screaming what about us! Eyes on hanging work, when you tell me so!
This forum is archived information and is no longer active.
Started by Eva Pelegrin, March 5, 2016 · 13 Replies · 244 Views
What do you think? Any additions, subtractions...
Abs are feeling lonely and shoulders are screaming what about us! Eyes on hanging work, when you tell me so!
Nice apart from a throw from the arms beginning in the third rep. Work on keeping an even speed throughout the rep and you'll be good ![]()
Do you mean I have to lessen the reach momentum and slow my arms a bit at the beginning or prolong the starting hollow shape.
I mean slow your arms at the beginning of a rep ![]()
I see what Jon says; comparing the speed of your arms in rep 1 v. r 15, the momentum is noticeable.
but ... I mean, if he wasn't a Moderator I'd have been saying "that's too nit-picky" and given you the LG!
Hi William, I appreciate your LG comment! I take all the moderators advice very seriously. I know there’s a reason for every little detail. I look at these details as pre-requisites or fundamental components that will help us learn more complex skills down the line. Even if I don’t know why they want the execution of a move in a certain way, I actually enjoy working towards making it look like the way they want it. Weird, I know, but I really do. I’ve always found pleasure in the process of creation.
I’ve had several instances where my body performs with a different style than the gymnastic way. That’s ok for now. It’s part of my learning process. When I get a comment from a moderator, it helps me focus and wonder why did my brain self-select that particular speed or way. I usually find my answer in my history. In this case, I used to practice static trapeze and when you’re in an ankle hang (ropes around your ankles), you may need to reach forward decisively to go way above your ankles in order to grab the ropes. So I think there’s some residue of that thrust in my execution here (and core not being 100% there yet) and I’m going to kill it. I thought I took care of it, but not enough.
Another example, Zach said that my Straddle Donkey Kicks where like a roller-coaster, lol. Roller-coaster? At first I had no idea what he was talking about. They looked good to me, until I carefully examined the path of the course video. My initial interpretation just had a bit more flair, but that may not be functional for what lies ahead, so I’m happy to fix it.
My lesson: had I not posted, not only I would still be in the dark, but I would’ve not benefited from their expertise and experience early on!
You definitely have a great attitude!
Obviously I am NOT a moderator, so my LG is not that valuable ;-). I try to watch other people's videos, read the moderator/coach's comments, and learn what is important and not important, but it is a slow process (and I am sporadic with my forum involvement).
Here, more even tempo with arms:
Hello, is the above ok? I would like to start hanging (when you approve, of course).
Lovely tempo and control Eva! The only thing I see that may need correcting before moving on is the soft knees; they look to be bending a little as you begin each rep.
I'm not a moderator of course so maybe wait for their input ![]()
Max
I will continue to straighten my legs because that's just how I am, but I Agree Zach, I do want to move on to HLL, yeah!
Other than the flicking knees, everything else is fine.
Be aware however that the bent knees are not going to magically fix themselves later once you begin working on HLL variations.
Much easier and productive in the long term to fix these small issues now rather than allowing them to grow into established movement patterns.
Yours in Fitness,
Coach Sommer
Yes Coach, I'm on it and thank you for stopping by! You will see straight legs in my HLL. I'm going to work hard on these ones. I've been prioritizing F1 and I just miss my hanging so much...