This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Form check SPL/PE1

Started by Marek Dibusz, March 4, 2016 · 2 Replies · 72 Views

Marek Dibusz

Lastly,

I would like to know some ideas how to improve (or leave behind) on the SPL elements, including the im, the Swivel hips, which, as I have experienced myself, are not as easy as they might seem on the first glance.

With the Scapular shrugs - I am not sure about the ROM, is it enough ? Any tips ? More tension in the whole body ?

With the Swivel hips - I do lift my glutes a bit, like 2-3 cm (1 inch ?? ) - not sure, if they are supposed to stay glued to the ground like 100 % or if there is some sort of free will - the guy on the course video moves his glutes as well :) . Should I do it slower ? I am feeling very relaxed there, well, if that can be said...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AvFG-vHKSz0&feature=youtu.be

Any form of commentary would be most welcome.

Thank you,

Marek Dibusz

Jon Douglas

Scap shrugs have a good ROM, good job, but would look nicer with more body tension and avoiding arch-hollow reps/piking hips as you move up and down :) this tends to take more weight onto the feet, which is what we are avoiding here. You also need to slow these down.

Swivel hips also looks pretty good. I note you are clearly tighter on one side (right leg out, left leg in) as your glute tends to come up on that side. Something to be aware of.

I'm pretty happy with these overall. Add volume, keep em in your warmups as there is some more to gain from the shrugs more so by making them cleaner and more deliberate reps, but I don't see anything that suggests this would be a difficult fix. Good work, now do more :)

Marek Dibusz

I appreciate the insightful suggestions :)