This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Form check RC/PE1

Started by Marek Dibusz, March 4, 2016 · 6 Replies · 95 Views

Marek Dibusz

Hello again,

from the same day and the same F7 workout - now the very end of it.

I would like to share my execution of the Hinge Rows. To be quite frank I was doing them for quite some time and this is the first time I managed to do full 15 in the 5th set with managing the consistency of tempo and hopefully the form as well - I do realize though, as I am looking at it again, that the 90°/90°are not quite in order and the rings are probably a bit too high. Nevertheless, I would like to hear some fresh thoughts :).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SuQXD3LLopY&feature=youtu.be

Again, whatever words of wisdom will be accepted with gratitude.

Thanks,

Marek Dibusz

Ryan Reynolds

Your own critiques are accurate.  Especially the ring height.  Fix the rings then do another video there might be other pointers after that.

Marek Dibusz

ok will do !

Greg White

On the official video the athlete starts the movement with his hands pronated and they rotate 90degrees into neutral so palms face each other. I've noticed that your palms remain facing forward throughout. I think rotation so palms are facing activates more of the upper back musculature.

Marek Dibusz

Looking at the official video and mine again and the guy is savoring the moment, really, whereas I am trying to fly through the hell as fast as I can - I will work on that as well - thank you for the tip with the palm rotation, it must have evaporated during all those weeks, for in the beginning, it was there.

After the deload week I ll try to post a remastered version.

força

Cole Dano

As noted the rings are high, more than a bit high, way high, butt 6 inches off the floor.

You are hurling yourself into the top a bit too hard, but I bet changing the ring height will help with that as well.  And personally I prefer elbows more in line with the shoulders than down, but there is room for some variation here.

The hinging motion at the hips is quite good.

No need to worry about hand facing on these, it's personal preference at this stage.

Marek Dibusz

thank you for the comment, Cole. I tried lowering the rings according to the original video and slowing down and keeping the 90s angle ... after the deload week I ll upload the new, hopefully better version.