Continuance of the PPU Discussion

Started by Seiji, October 25, 2009 · 10 Replies · 3,397 Views

Seiji

Now... Not so crazily different. I added some cargo straps inbetween the bar and handles for a ring setup. The only difference is that you can't go under the handles and this is inside a house.

ringlsit.png w644.png

Those handles are extremely handy until I make my rings tomorrow. Agree or no?

Blairbob

Make your rings ASAP. I wouldn't trust the connection between the straps and the handles so much.

Seiji

Made them over the weekend and hung them on a tree for about $21. The connection is really strong, in both the doorway and in a tree. I have absolutely no fear of them breaking or slipping.

It feels only slightly harder from outside than it does from my door... but then again, I have to pull myself up outside.

Joshua Naterman

HAHAHAHAHA That picture is awesome dude!

Blairbob

Isn't it weird to turn the handles out while supporting?

Seiji

I don't really feel all that much of a difference in whichever way I turn out my forearms. I use my doorway ones for stability & strength exercises and the outside ones for playing around and attempting to pull myself into support.

I hate how I can do muscle ups on a bar but not on the rings lol

I was trying to do this with my face :-D The smiley emote ruins the keyboards magic ability to make faces with letters. :D doesn't have the same feeling as : D

Joshua Naterman

They don't feel all that different until you start doing wide supports :P Or RTO on very long straps. With short straps it really doesn't make a difference, at least for me.

Seiji

LOL I've put them up higher on a tree. I've been focusing completely on the iron cross and nakayama because they cross over very well into the various other things I need. I attempt (and fail) at muscle ups, and just mess around a lot because they're fun :D

I love my rings. The only problem is that I need to wear gloves because my hands get sweaty and I feel like slipping. It sucks because all I have are these big black winter gloves and it's still hot here in florida. If I put electrical tape around the PVC, would that stop the sweat slipping?

Joshua Naterman

Athletic tape.

Blairbob

Chalk or the liquid chalk solutions. One good wrapping of tape is pretty cheap though.

Seiji

Sounds like a plan. Thanks :D