This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

sPL5 - first attempts

Started by Eva Pelegrin, March 3, 2016 · 33 Replies · 868 Views

Petri Widsten

Seems your work on protraction has paid off, Eva. Good job!

Eva Pelegrin

Please let me know if I should continue to alternate elevated PL with floor passes and which one to start next week, tx!

Everett Carroll

If you have the latest form for 5x30s then move on. Otherwise, keep building work capacity. This one is really worth extra time.

Luke Searra

Absolutely agree with Everett Eva, I found leans to completely beneficial toward actual full and straddle planche.

Eva Pelegrin

Thank you Luke for chiming in. My feeling too is that I can continue to solidify my lean and protraction here for a while. As you know, this is just the beginning of a long journey, so first things first.

As long as I have a certain degree of struggle and discovery in my training, I'm happy.

It's been fun exploring the nuances and quasi inverse relationship between the lean/protraction/depression – especially with my stiff spine, which needs a tremendous amount of force in order to flex! I wouldn't chance a thing tho. My journey. All worth it!

Leo Trinidad

nice one @Eva Pelegrin :) good attitude. you are on the right track. first things first alright!

Luke Searra

My pleasure Eva

Eva Pelegrin

SPL/PE5>iM form check
I filmed this during my session, so please ignore my entry and exit in this iM. I sometimes use a few extra seconds to refresh my balance skills (the steel bar made me do it) and who doesn’t want to have some fun? I hope that’s ok as long as I maintain the focus points of this iM. Thanks!

 

Luke Searra

Wow Eva thats an extremely interesting and creative way to do Prone Half Straddle Planche Holds. Looking pretty good and it looks like you're firing the meial glute in the hold as well.