Hello all,
Just thought I would introduce myself. My name is Tom and I am a bboy turned circus handbalancer. I think your forum is a fantastic resource and I really enjoy the atmosphere on this board. I have been practicing the planche and made great progress with your article coach sommer so Thank you very much.
I have a few questions relating to some moves I have been having troble with:
The first is the Vsit.
I am unsure why I have trouble with the vsit, I am positive I have the ab strength necessary for it, I can hold an Lsit for over 60 seconds. I have noticed when people perform a vsit correctly, there hips are pressed far forward in front of there hands, where as when I do mine, my hips are in line with my hands and my upper body is leaning backwards and it feels incorrect and I am never able to achieve the vertical position. I have tried to press them forward but I just cant manage it. I was wondering if there are things to think about whilst doing the move or if there are drills to help me progress to a proper vsit?
My second question is about the mana and hand positions.
I noticed that I have never seen an athlete do a mana with hands facing forwards. I have made some progress with the middle split hold with my hands facing forwards but when I turn them around to face backwards I cant even lift up my hips at all. this makes me think I am doing it wrong facing forwards? Is it possible to do a mana with hands facing forward?
Ill come up with more questions as I run into them
Thanks in advance for your help.
Tom ![]()
