This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

RC/PE1 - Work-in-progress. 

Started by Eva Pelegrin, March 3, 2016 · 13 Replies · 509 Views

Eva Pelegrin

How’s my form? What should I clean up here.

I’m at 5 x 12r but not happy with my L shoulder. It feels a bit awkward at the top of the movement. Left shoulder doesn’t feel AS strong (stable) as my right – especially with bent-arm strength! Whereas with straight arms, I seem to have a better connection stabilizing my left scapula. I suspect it’s a strength deficit, but it could also be I have some tightness in my left shoulder too (neural or otherwise). I may still have a bit of a “holding” (protecting) pattern since my arm “froze” prior surgery… Traditionally, shoulder stability and strength have been my weaknesses (not mobility).

Any shoulder test I could do to show you the ROM and health of my L shoulder vs my R?
Any recommendations to strengthen my left scapula stability/depression with bent-arm strength. That’s where I feel the awkwardness. 

Looking forward to your comments. Thank you!

(front + side view)

 

Eva Pelegrin

Roger, Consider it done. Clip coming soon. 

Eva Pelegrin

I lowered the rings and did a back view. Wanted to make sure I have enough retraction and see if anyone can spot any weirdness in my left shoulder (per my previous post above), thanks.

 

 

 

Young Chan Park

Hi Eva,

This suggestion might not be a big deal if Zach hasn't pointed it out.

You see how at the bottom of the rep your palms are facing inwards and at the top of the rep its facing forward? If you see in the course video its the other way round.

 

I started off with the same rotation as you were doing and started to develop pain in my left shoulder. Someone pointed that out to me and it feels a lot less awkward and the pain has disappeared.

 

Hope this helps :P

Eva Pelegrin

Ok will do. You approve? Is this ring height better now? 

Eva Pelegrin

Hi Young, thank you for stopping by and offering your comments. I actually noticed that detail too and tried to correct it, although my body seems to favor the other way. Like you said, not sure if it's a deal breaker.

Eva Pelegrin

Okey-dokey. understood.

Eva Pelegrin

This one is for you @Zach Armijo

 

Eva Pelegrin

Haha, I couldn't have done it without you Zach. You say. I do.
Now, I have to bring up my reps from 5 x 12 to 15. ;)

Eva Pelegrin

On Fri 3/11 I did: 13, 13, 14, 13, 13 reps.

Last week was:
Mon 3/14:  14 x 5
Wed 3/16:  15,15,15,14,14
Fri 3/18:  15 x 5

In case someone wonders about these numbers... I work hard and methodically to get to them. Mind over matter, basically.
Below, mastery test video from Fri 3/18, 4th or 5th set.
Are we there yet? I want to start rowing my boat and using these light and lively for my warm ups. 


 

Ryan Reynolds

Your progress through these elements in just a few months is astounding Eva.  I'd say your pace is faster than the course video but that's the only difference that my eye can spot.

SERGIO CATALAN 170196

Great progression Eva. Check out hands position, in the foundation video hands are facing towards with arms extended and facing you when you are in the top possition. I'm not sure if it's important or not, but in the foundation video it looks like that.

Good job!

Eva Pelegrin

Sergio, gracias for stoping by! The coaches said it is not that important at this early stage. We're just babies in GB years, whoaah.

Always a good thing to follow as many form points from the video course. Because I had elbow surgery last summer and just restarting in 2016, I still have a bit of a wanky forearm and I'm being very cautious and protective in certain ranges. 

Btw, great last name! I was born and grew up in Catalunya <_<

SERGIO CATALAN 170196

hehe thank you! I understand. I imagined it wasn't so important because they weren't tell you anything about it.

Good job you're almost there! I'm fighting with 4x15 but I think it's more kind of lack of mobility or flexibility than strength in my case.