This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

MN/PE2-iM Jefferson Curls Form Check + 4 More Important Questions

Started by Ron Roitman, March 2, 2016 · 3 Replies · 110 Views

Ron Roitman

Hey athletes ;)

Last rep was the deepest. I'd be glad to receive some feedback on the form/curling motion.

In addition, I have 4 questions about Jefferson Curls:
1. Keeping hips "tucked under" = PPT? I guess it would be correct to PPT because it'd make the stretch kind of isometric-dynamic for the hamstrings.
2. Should I point or flex the feet? I want to try placing the feet a bit farther so that I can bring the bar closer to the body(behind the toes)
3. What is your opinion of "Single Leg JCs" with one foot in dorsiflexion?
4. Wouldn't it be more beneficial to perform "Straddle JCs" to improve ROM in Straddle Ups?

Thanks a lot! :)

Ryan Bailey

That is awesome. I would work the way"up", as well as you work the way down. Also, do you mean the weighted straddles I saw Chris do a while back? Probably a future foundation mobility. We are mere mortals at this stage :) taking one step at a time.

Cole Dano

As Ryan already noted, you are rushing  your way back up. 

1) Hips stay tucked as long a possible as you curl down, of course at some point they will 'untuck', think of initiating the return up by starting to tuck the hips again.

2) Stand on your feet normally. behind the toes will come in a later iM.

3) This is 2nd iM in the course, no need to worry about this.

4) Stiff Leg Windmills are prep for Straddle Ups. J Curls are prep for the up coming V Ups.

Ron Roitman

I see what you mean. I'll make sure to slow down!

Ryan, yes, weighted straddle hang..potato potato :P

Great answers Cole! You've clarified pretty good points :)

Appreciate the help guys!!