This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Scheduling

Started by Daniel Taylor-Shaut, March 2, 2016 · 9 Replies · 316 Views

Daniel Taylor-Shaut

So, I know that the stretch series are best done after the foundation workouts. Recently, I've shifted to doing Foundat 7 workouts twice a week (more intensity, more endurance, less frequency) as it allows for more recovery and more time outside of the gym. As such, I'm trying to figure out when best to do my third stretch session. Any ideas? 

I currently do a schedule that looks like this:

Monday - Foundation 7+Front Split Series

Tuesday - Handstand Work+Shoulder and Squat Prehab 

Wednesday - Off

Thursday - Foundation 7+Middle Split Series

Friday - Handstand Work+Shoulder and Squat Prehab

Saturday - Tumbling One

Sunday - Off

 

The way I have it setup, I have the Middle and Front splits series as many days apart as I can, but the Thoracic Bridge Series leaves me uncertain because I've also read many say that doing any stretch series on subsequent days can be too much (?!). I've thought about doing a number of different setups: doing the middle split on Wednesday (one of my off days) and then doing TBs on Friday, after a HS training. Another instance, would be to leave the MSs on Thursday and then doing my TBs on the next day, Friday, after my HS. Lastly, another option would be to do the TBs after my Tumbling routine. Just wondering others' thoughts and what's worked best for them for those who may also be on a similary Foundation/Handstand schedule as mine. Thanks.

Giovanni Garcea

I do FS on Monday after Foundation, TB on Tuesday after Handstand and MS on Thursday after Handstand. It is working well for me and I haven't seen any drawback of doing TB the day after FS.

The most important thing for me was to have FS and MS with at least two days interval between them, while I felt that TB could be placed anywhere.

Daniel Taylor-Shaut

Thanks. Much appreciated. I'll likely throw TBs onto my Friday routine then (since it likely pairs well with HS work)

Ryan Bailey

I just did TBs tonight following HS day. As you know its very relaxing, so I'm ready for bed now.... Good night ;)

Travis Widmann

The only major consideration I think about aside from basic life schedule is maximizing rest days for my shoulder girdle. The final elements of TBs are hard work for me so I don't want to put it on an off day. I have a similar schedule to you and I pair it with Friday handstand training. Other than that, best thing is to do the work and not fret too much over the "perfect" schedule. Best time is time you can continue to have on a weekly basis.

Maksis Riley

I have the same Foundation, Handstand and Movement days as you Daniel. I've put my stretch series after handstand and movement and just do F7 stand-alone. For me the stretch series are not relaxing so I prefer to do them while I'm a bit fresher; F7 tends to leave me pretty fried..... 

 

Max

 

Douglas Reinot

Daniel -

My schedule is almost exactly like yours currently and I like to slot my TBs at the end of my Tuesday handstand session. The volume of work focused on the shoulder girdle was pretty intense for the first few weeks. I work through most of the early iMs with a weighted bar as a part of my warm up or cool down to the HS session and I found that I'm really warmed up and receptive to the stretch series after all of that shoulder work - 10/10 would recommend.

Alfonso Herrera

SInce in saturday I dance a lot (training and rehearsal) the MS helps me a lot to relax my legs and, since they are really warmed up I can go deeper.
my schedule goes like this
 

Monday - F1 + Pole + Dance

Tuesday - F1 + gymnastics

Wednesday - TB + Pole + Dance

Thursday - F1 + gymnastics

Friday - F1

Saturday - Dance + MS

Sunday - FS

 

Coach Sommer

Daniel,

Two options come to mind:

1) With only two days a week to stretch simply alternate your stretches (1,2,3) on your F7 days 

2) Add the third stretch after Saturdays Tumbling.

Yours in Fitness,

Coach Sommer

 

Daniel Taylor-Shaut

Thanks. I'd already intuitively done that. Glad to see that that was also your suggestion.