This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

SL/PE3 form check

Started by Eva Pelegrin, March 1, 2016 · 10 Replies · 308 Views

Eva Pelegrin

Thank you @William Marler for posting your Side Over Arch. You helped me realized I was practicing with my top leg in the wrong position and that shoulder abduction was ok! I was doing these with top leg in hip extension because I automatically favor to train my deficits. Not sure if it’s a deal breaker, but I fixed it anyway. Here it is:

https://youtu.be/78LsXnnGmDk

https://youtu.be/1VHdX3CvX_4

 

Eva Pelegrin

Ah, ok. Will do, thanks! I didn't pause because I imagined that reengaging might be cheating, but I hear you about ROM.

Eva Pelegrin
41 minutes ago, Zach Armijo said:

Not reengaging would be cheating in my mind.

You know best. I was imagining that if you pause at the bottom and then reengage, that could be considered a break, like buying time. I'm happy to try it.

41 minutes ago, Zach Armijo said:

Why do you think you have to break hollow in your tuck, straddle, and V ups? ;)

Wait, you lost me here. What element are you referring to as far as my tuck, straddle, and V ups go. I would think hollow is a constant. 

Kyle Pringle

I am confused as well. Why would you break the hollow on the - Ups? Doing them in that manner seems to be... rather dangerous actually. Some clarity on the statement? 

Cole Dano

You start from the floor from a natural arch, come into hollow and maintain it until you release when you are back on the floor.

Eva Pelegrin

Danger, like beauty, is in the eye of the beholder. 

Zach, I de-coded your "comparison" message and I get you point <_<. 

Eva Pelegrin

Quick update: This past week I worked on sinking in the bottom position per Zach's hint. Felt good. What do you think.
(sorry about video quality, didn't have HR to upload)

 

Eva Pelegrin
1 hour ago, Zach Armijo said:

Also don't completely rest your hips on the floor.

Ha, that's the "rest/pause" I was trying to avoid at the beginning of my post. I understand what you’re after. Unfortunately, I don’t have much lateral flexion at the bottom to show you a mega stretch. I closed the distance, but I don't want to disappoint you! I seem to get a lot more lat. flexion when it’s driven from the top like in a standing loaded oblique stretch. Thoughts?

Also with my right arm as the post hand, I get all these shearing noises in my lower spine while moving on the way up mostly. Maybe it’s a good thing if the facets are opening up a bit. I have a mild lumbar right curve. I feel more stable with my top leg going back, is that ok?

Elevated, top leg going back:

 

Elevated, regular stance:

 

Eva Pelegrin

Aye. Aye. I will work on the fishing!
No need to look. I see. And thank you for your guidance!

Eva Pelegrin

How's my ROM now? Do you see any improvements?

This PE has morphed into an >iM! I'm afraid to say this is starting to feel easy, haha. I do feel the stretch around my waistline more now and my lower back makes less shearing noises. Progress? Please challenge me. You know I go crazy thinking I’m not working hard enough. I need to struggle a little in order to be happy.

 

 

Eva Pelegrin

Holy crap. You made my day!
My your presence grace my other threads (at your convenience). Sorry, I posted all at once during the weekend when I could...