Stall bar spacing in course videos

Started by Robert Hamlin, February 28, 2016 · 6 Replies · 6,006 Views

Robert Hamlin

Does anyone know the bar spacing on the stall bars that we see in the course videos?

I'm finally getting around to building some stall bars.  I don't have access to any stall bar installations, so bar spacing is the one design element where I have nothing to go on.  All things being equal, I figured it would be good to have the same spacing on those used in the course videos, as that could help with trying to match positions, especially in H2.  Any thoughts?

Kasper Stangerup

You could match the stall bars to your anatomy as those in the video are matched to the athletes'. So if you watch the videos, note how many rungs span from foot to shoulder, and make yours the same.

Douglas Wadle

Dimensions and loads of discussion are found here: 

Robert Hamlin

Thanks for the useful input.  After trying out a few things I think that as long as the bars are reasonably close together there is enough granularity that it's not a big issue.  I'll probably end using 5.5", which I've seen in a few places now.

Karen Zanon
On 2/28/2016 at 8:48 AM, Robert Hamlin said:

Does anyone know the bar spacing on the stall bars that we see in the course videos?

I'm finally getting around to building some stall bars.  I don't have access to any stall bar installations, so bar spacing is the one design element where I have nothing to go on.  All things being equal, I figured it would be good to have the same spacing on those used in the course videos, as that could help with trying to match positions, especially in H2.  Any thoughts?

Hello Robert,

I recently purchased a set of stall bars from Midwest Gym Supply in Indiana.  They were willing to customize them for me since they build them themselves.  I actually went with the base model because the spacing was comparable, but I asked them to leave it natural colored wood (they also offer ones with red paint on the side rails).  I have been using my stall bars for a couple of weeks now and I love them, the spacing is perfect, very close to 6 inches apart.  http://midwestgymsupply.com/home/1474-gymastics-stall-bar.html 

 

Robert Hamlin

Great information! Thanks!

Rayne-William Fitzgerald

The set of stall bars I built is 7'6" (about 2.4m)..the rung centers are six inches(about 15cm) apart. Not counting the two top rails, I have 10 rungs.