This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Forgot to check the box!

Started by Julia Quigley, February 28, 2016 · 9 Replies · 213 Views

Julia Quigley

I forgot to check my dinner vegetable checkbox last night, even though I ate asparagus :( 

I know it's my own fault, and I'll just have to wait to get a new task on Thursday, but I wanted to bitch to an audience that understands.

I was really excited for a new task today!

Si Hoang

Lol I think most of us on this program know how that one feels Julia! Have done it a couple of times now where I forgot to check a box on the final night before I was due to get a new task and had to start over. :facepalm:

Jason Dupree

That happened to me last week, since I'm a night owl and Saturday night/sunday is my day off, time completely got away from me. When I realized in horror I did every single task that week, but forgot to check dinner, I just had to say, well, my fault.

Also, I don't think you will get another task till Sunday. Missing a Saturday task breaks the streak for M-S and Th-W. That's how it worked for me anyway. 

Julia Quigley

Bummer, Jason :( I thought the Monday and Thursday yaks were independent of each other.

Jason Dupree

I could be completely wrong, but here's how I think it works based off of what they have said and my experience (I've only missed Saturdays as far as I can remember so i'm not 100% sure):

It still has to be 6 days in a row, whether it is M-S or Th-W. No matter what day you miss (excluding Sunday), it breaks both of those streaks. So if I miss Saturday, my counter starts back at 0, and won't get a new task for Monday or Thursday, but next Monday I will. If I miss Tuesday, then the tasks for Thursday and Monday won't unlock, but next Thursday will. 

Anyway, if i'm wrong, maybe I get to unlock an extra task :P 

James Hall
3 hours ago, Jason Dupree said:

I could be completely wrong, but here's how I think it works based off of what they have said and my experience (I've only missed Saturdays as far as I can remember so i'm not 100% sure):

It still has to be 6 days in a row, whether it is M-S or Th-W. No matter what day you miss (excluding Sunday), it breaks both of those streaks. So if I miss Saturday, my counter starts back at 0, and won't get a new task for Monday or Thursday, but next Monday I will. If I miss Tuesday, then the tasks for Thursday and Monday won't unlock, but next Thursday will. 

Anyway, if i'm wrong, maybe I get to unlock an extra task :P 

I've, previously, found that if you miss one you don't get a new task for at least another 6 days. Having said that, apart from late last week, the last time I missed one was a few weeks ago- so that may be history.  

Norberto Munoz

I have  missed 2 saturdays in a row. I think that the program should be more friendly on this. Either get an app tha makes possible to log progress if you don't have internet access (I live in Mexico, Internet providers are crappy) or relax the restrictions. Including saturday as optional, or reducing logging numbers to 5 or removing the "in a row" part. My humble opinion.

Julia Quigley

Norberto, I don't foresee any rules relaxing, but they've already stated they are working on an offline log for those without consistent Internet access.

Norberto Munoz

Julia,

Do you know how to log offline? I have the webpage open on my iPhone and it disconnects me after some time. Thanks. Norberto.

Julia Quigley

There isn't a way currently to log tasks offline--I'm just saying they've stated it is in the works.