Stretch Series

Started by Tomas Johansson, February 28, 2016 · 4 Replies · 2,912 Views

Tomas Johansson

I currently own F1-4 and H1.

Considering buying stretch series.

Main reason is I have a poor sidesplit/pancake. Poor flexibility overall but this is what seems to hold me back mostly in Foundation work right now.

A few questions:

Does every part of stretch series take 45min / week or is it all 3 together?

Is it a bad idea just to get the middle split?

If I get the thoracic bridge, will I be able to follow that course when I have a recently fractured wrist that doesn't have full motion yet, I can't do pushups/handstands and similar yet for instance.

If I buy one, can I upgrade to the whole series later?

Kevin Easton

I can answer a couple questions:

I have middle split and side split series and each series takes 45 minutes give or take a few minutes.  If you want to do all three stretch series per week, you'll need 2 hours and 15 minutes of stretch time.

If you only want 1 and only have time for 1, then just get 1.  I find middle split does hit my hamstrings as well as my abductors and adductors.  There is also a lot of pancake work in middle split.  From what I can tell, middle split is what you're looking for if you only want 1 for now.

In regards to the TB series and the upgrade part I will leave those for someone else to answer. 

Anita Clarke 67224

I purchased all three and have been doing them for about a year, once a week on each course (45min each). They are fantastic. Money well spent. I just turn on the video and follow the coach, so I can focus on the stretch, more so than the clock. (though some of the times are off just a bit on a few stretches) I would recommend buying all three. I was quite flexible before starting this series and found out quickly, I had some weak spots, each course will flush them out. 

About the TB question, I think about half that series is spent with weight / pressure on the hands and wrist, but many of the stretches in that course that are not, IMO are pretty essential. I would just buy it and do what you can, that is my opinion.

I am uncertain how the individual purchasing works.

 

Tomas Johansson

Thanks for your replies! Bought middle split program and did first session today, feels promising, just the right stuff i need for foundation training and also perfect for rockclimbing.

Alfonso Herrera

I teared my shoulder last year, and the TB program has helped me a lot on the recovery, I scaled the range of motion. I know it´s a different part of the body, there must be a scaled exercise or a proffesional opinion =)