This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Lunch time workouts - food timing

Started by Jason Naubur, February 26, 2016 · 2 Replies · 164 Views

Jason Naubur

Right now I have my breakfast around 8 as prescribed at my stage. I workout around 12:30. I understand that I am trying to keep my coritsol up, but if I workout before lunch (I eat lunch after ~2 or 2:30) should I have a fruit before working out? I'm not hungry by then but have lately been having an apple or banana just as I walk to the gym thinking that it'll give me some extra carb energy. Keep or cancel the fruit?

j

Julia Quigley

I'm curious to hear the answer you get.

I wake up at 7:30, eat breakfast shortly thereafter, and am usually hungry again around 11. I have a slow carb, light protein small meal (sprouted brown rice cereal with milk or something) and then workout at 12PM.

If I don't eat at 11, I am starving during my workout!

 

...then again, maybe I'm getting ahead of myself. With future steps, maybe I won't be hungry at 11 anymore! Who knows. 

Jeff Serven

Hi Jason, its not that your trying to keep cortisol up its that in the AM its already up. In a perfect world your would flop the 2 lunch at 12:30 and working out at 2:30. But if thats not possible then yes fruit is great idea.