This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

SL/PE3 form check

Started by William Marler, February 25, 2016 · 4 Replies · 61 Views

William Marler

This was supposed to be a mastery check, but grr, today my right shoulder wouldn't make it through sets 4 &5 >: (. So it's a form check instead, mastery next microcycle. How's it look?

 

Douglas Wadle

I only watched the first set, but it looks good.  good shoulder stability and good ROM.

Eva Pelegrin

William, good to see your work. 

If I remember correctly from the video course, the post arm should remain perpendicular to the floor (shoulder over hand) for the duration of the exercise; and he top leg behind your body (hip extension). Top of my head, please check video to compare.

William Marler
1 hour ago, Eva Pelegrin said:

If I remember correctly from the video course, the post arm should remain perpendicular to the floor (shoulder over hand) for the duration of the exercise; and he top leg behind your body (hip extension). Top of my head, please check video to compare.

Hehe, nope on both ;-). https://my.gymnasticbodies.com/sl-pe3/

Eva Pelegrin

You're absolutely right, my bad, sorry! Looks great and thanks for posting because now I can revisit this element and do it correctly.

It never ceases to amaze me how the brain selectively skips some details when it encounters elements you know from the past!

Note to self: you can never pay enough attention.