This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

MN/PE5 form check

Started by William Marler, February 25, 2016 · 2 Replies · 116 Views

William Marler

How's this look?

Question: the guidance for the iM says "moderate discomfort is acceptable; do not work too hard." I have no problem lengthening into the stretch, either with lat strength or hamstring flexibility. But this is brutal on my hands & feet (I addressed the feet problem by wearing shoes). To what degree can "do not work too hard" be taken to mean "slightly longer rest periods between sets for my hands is ok?"

 

Samin Ishtiaq

You're too tall for this stall bar!

Good effort in the PE.

In the iM, do you *feel* you could stretch more? Take it more slowly and try relax in to it?

Samin

William Marler

I definitely recognize that I'm limited by hamstring mobility here. But I'm doing the stretch courses so ... that'll work itself out eventually.

I have new stall bars on their way; I got the Bailey model 775. I'm not sure if they'll be higher, but the rung profile is elliptical & slightly bigger around, so maybe that'll help with the hands anyway.