This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

PPT + Depressed & Protracted Scapula

Started by Kevin Easton, February 25, 2016 · 1 Replies · 149 Views

Kevin Easton

I am not too sure if I quite understand PPT + Scapular Protraction + Depressed Scapula.

I am trying to focus on my body position and it seems a lot of exercises require PPT + scapular depression and protraction.

Is there a position I can try and hold that focuses on these key points?

I'd like to take a couple pictures and post them for critique.  Once I know I am doing it right I will know the proper "feel" which should help me down the road on future progressions.

Keilani Gutierrez

doing the cues in each respective exercises is part of mastery, so it will be relevant to each progression. PPT can be worked on during FL, HBP, sPL, even Mn and Handstands. the beginner standard is always the same, starting at PE1 or testing to see where your appropriate level is, so there's no need to really worry about this as its part of the programming you're already going to be focusing on for the time you're working Foundation and Handstand Courses. 

FL progressions are great for learning a solid PPT.
sPL helps you doing PPT against gravity in a different way and incorporates scapular protraction and depression.