This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

What are you guys doing for snacks?

Started by Cameron Williams, February 23, 2016 · 14 Replies · 313 Views

Cameron Williams

I'm looking for snack ideas... suggestions are welcome!

Daniel Taylor-Shaut

I like orange slices. Another is carrots/celery with some sort of nut butter (lol) for protein/fat. Another option is full fat greek yogurt with berries.

Mehmet Yuce

My favorite is 86% chocolate with nuts.

Douglas Wadle

celery and nut butter

elk jerky

mixed nuts (homemade)

red bell pepper slices

carrots dipped in hummus

can o sardines

cheese slices

sliced kohlrabi

apple dipped in nut butter

 

 

Mark Schoenhard

Wasna (Wah-snaw)  Traditional Lakota power snack of ground, dried bison and chokecherries.

Daniel Taylor-Shaut

Lakota power snack?! I want to hear more.

Mark Schoenhard

Wa means anything (sacred) and na means ground up.  Protein and fat from the Bison and carbs and starches from chokecherries. Perfect for a nomadic people, especially warriors on a hunt or after a week 11, F7 workout.

Cameron Williams

Thanks everyone for your suggestions!

Mark - so you make this yourself?

Mark Schoenhard

Group of friends including me on years when we have meat and a good chokecherry season.  This was a good year so the Winter stock is still good.  If you come across a Tanka Bar

give it a try...

 

Cameron Williams

Do you have a recipe you could share?

Alan Tseng

kale chips (in fact just had it 10 mins ago :) )

carrots with almond butter

Talal Aldoub

Day time (at work) keep 50grams of raw nuts and some fruits way to gym, after sunset green smoothie

Jeff Serven

All sound like good options. Mark, I will keep an eye out. 

Andre Simlacher

When I'm hungry I drink a coffee with cream and 0.5l water with it, that helps quite often!

Hard boiled eggs with sea salt or cured meat if coffee isn't an option.

Julia Quigley

I don't snack a lot. When I'm hungry, I'm usually hungry enough for a small meal.

When I do snack, I like unsweetened apple sauce with cinnamon and pecans, a cup of tea with cream, yogurt, or produce with peanut butter.