This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Roll throughs

Started by Ben Neal, February 23, 2016 · 2 Replies · 143 Views

Ben Neal

If I cant get up from my split on the floor - up and over - onto my belly ....

Should I just start from my belly - go up in to my standing split as best I can - and then back down forwards onto my belly?

Until I can get all the way over

 

I feel like I am breaking apart! (in a good way) 

Stephen Majerle

You could begin your split sitting on an elevated surface like a yoga block or small stool. Roll forward then when you roll back sit back down on the stool and repeat. 

Daniel Taylor-Shaut

In the scaling photos, they have Orench doing Middle Split rocks. In the follow-along, they go all the way down, straddle, and push back. As an alternative, you could simply go with the scaled down version and simply rock as far forward and as far backward as you can with full control (you wouldn't go all the way to your belly nor all the way back on to your butt--with the eventual goal of being to go all the way forward onto your belly and backward onto your butt with a straddle included in-between). In this way, it's quite a bit like the frog rocks, but with straight legs. I've started doing it this way and. It. Is. Intense. Hope that that helps.