This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Being in it for the long run

Started by Olli Kantola, February 23, 2016 · 5 Replies · 243 Views

Olli Kantola

Hello,

I'm a 34 year old Finn who is working on a new degree and profession. I'm going to be a physician in a few years. I'm 185 cm tall and weigh about 75kg. I used to weigh 10kg more, but I managed to lose it by cutting out sugar and doing some intermittent fasting. I'm still a bit on the skinny fat side, I'm afraid. I used to do martial arts and go swimming when I was 16-21, but there have been many years of sitting after that. In the past 3 years my physical regimen has pretty much been limited to walking the dog and doing bodyweight stuff.

My studies limit the times that go to the gymnasium, but I can crank out two GST sessions a week at the moment. I'm thinking that I'm not going to split the routine at this stage. Handstands I can do at home, at least for now. I've been thinking that I'm going to keep doing bodyweight exercise at home 1-2 times a week and combine that with handstand work and stretching. I'm somewhat flexible, but I can already see that I need to do extra work on my hips to pass some of the integrated mobility exercises.

I'm in this for the long run and I just started each progression from PE1/Week1 even though I could skip a head on several of them. I just think that I might as well really milk each element, because I really don't want to get injured.

Anyway, I'm really psyched about this exercise modality and hoping that I'll be able to master a few moves before turning 40. ^^

Mats Trane

Awesome Olli! I myself am from Sweden. I'm 52 and been training GST for 5 years. Welcome to this great community you will love it!

Cole Dano

Tervetuloa! I'm a Californian immigrant myself, living in Helsinki. Mats I'm older than you :)

Petri Widsten

Welcome Olli! I'm a Finn myself, born in Helsinki in 1967 and lived in Espoo before moving abroad in 2004. I've been doing GST for about half a year now and I'm loving it (except FL/PE2 ;-)). Before that I trained mainly bodyweight stuff on my own and martial arts.

I think you'll like it here as well. It's easy to get addicted to this stuff.

Petri

Jon Douglas

Welcome aboard :)

Keilani Gutierrez

bienvenidos, Olli ^_^ (welcome)