This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Form Check SPL/PE2

Started by Wayne Grima, February 23, 2016 · 9 Replies · 162 Views

Wayne Grima

Posting a form check on sPL/PE2. I think it may be a bit too flat. Do I need to protract

my scapular more. Here is a 60 sec hold.

 

Alessandro Mainente

You need to depress more the scapulae and also increase the PPT.

Wayne Grima

Besides the wondering around I think this form is much better regarding PPT and scap protraction

 

 

Ryan Bailey

Just a quick comment from someone working on the same.  Your form is definitely better on this and HBP PE2. Back is flatter, better PPT.

Good work!

 

Wayne Grima
3 hours ago, Ryan Bailey said:

Just a quick comment from someone working on the same.  Your form is definitely better on this and HBP PE2. Back is flatter, better PPT.

Good work!

 

Good on you Ryan, thanks for the feedback. I also feel it's a lot better than my first effort and

it's now obvious to me where I needed to improve. I should get these soon and move on. I struggle

with FL/PE1 and mana. I think I'm kidding myself doing MN/PE2 and will go back to MN/PE1 and

make sure I pass mastery via moderators thumbs up rather than give myself the green light.

Ryan Bailey
8 minutes ago, Wayne Grima said:

will go back to MN/PE1 and

make sure I pass mastery

(Your welcome) This is exactly what I did last year for a cycle. The extra PE1 work helped that pelvic to femur strength we are aiming for. I now warm up with 30 of these since I am only on bloc 1 MN PE2.  

Wayne Grima

Seems this is week 11 I thought I'd post this and see if it's a pass.

 

Cole Dano

It's right on the cusp, the biggest issue being your elbows are placed slightly in front of your shoulders, but in the elbow plank variation that can happen easily.

I'd give it a conditional pass, if the full plank has issues then roll back to this.

We'll have more body line work to do as well when we get to plank.

 

Wayne Grima

HHmmm,I'll sleep on it. I might rinse and repeat Cole. I'd like my form to be more convincing. Thanks again mate.

Wayne Grima

Posting another check on these before I move on to PE3, I seem to have my elbows in a better position

this time. I've been concentrating on pushing my elbows into the ground and pelvis forward towards the floor.

Here is my 5th set from yesterday.