I only bought H2 last week and don't plan on adding it to my training till after the next microcycle finishes. However, I am a bit unsure on where to put it in my training. I am currently doing F7 twice a week on Monday and Thursday and H1 on Tuesday and Friday and Movement on Saturday. Do you guys just tack it onto H1 days and do it straight after or keep it seperate? I was going to do the former as it seemed a natural fit but always good to ask those who went before.
This forum is archived information and is no longer active.
When to train H2
Started by Si Hoang, February 22, 2016 · 7 Replies · 213 Views
You do it after your H1 work.
Max
Alright cheers. My shoulders are extremely tight. I took a look at the PEs and it looks like they could help me make further progress in opening them up. Look forward to when the time comes.
4 minutes ago, Si Hoang said:Alright cheers. My shoulders are extremely tight. I took a look at the PEs and it looks like they could help me make further progress in opening them up. Look forward to when the time comes.
PE 1 in pHS, I believe, has helped my HS PE1/iM. I think the first elements compliment each other nicely.
31 minutes ago, Ryan Bailey said:PE 1 in pHS, I believe, has helped my HS PE1/iM. I think the first elements compliment each other nicely.
absolutely agreed. especially if you initiate the press with your shoulders and not from the hips. ![]()
1 hour ago, Ryan Bailey said:PE 1 in pHS, I believe, has helped my HS PE1/iM. I think the first elements compliment each other nicely.
That's what I was thinking Ryan when I first saw the exercise. Glad to know someone else thinks so. Are you still on PE1-iM on H1?
40 minutes ago, Keilani Gutierrez said:absolutely agreed. especially if you initiate the press with your shoulders and not from the hips.
Cheers for the tip Keilani. Really want to get to started but am being more careful now with adding too much too soon. Hopefully after this cycle I will feel my body can handle the extra work. How's your pHS going?
13 minutes ago, Si Hoang said:
Cheers for the tip Keilani. Really want to get to started but am being more careful now with adding too much too soon. Hopefully after this cycle I will feel my body can handle the extra work. How's your pHS going?
PE1
been going at it for a few cycles(3?) now. strength is good, mobility i'll move on when I can be below my hands while only using 4 dowels. but really, I can tell that H2 will progress based on how well I sync strenghtening trapz and loosening pecs, lengthening and strengthening quads and hammies/glutes.
edit: actually, i have your same exact schedule aside from not doing F7. monday/thursday = Foundation + limbering, tuesday/friday + H1&2 + stretch series, Saturday = easing into M1
46 minutes ago, Si Hoang said:That's what I was thinking Ryan when I first saw the exercise. Glad to know someone else thinks so. Are you still on PE1-iM on H1?
Pretty much. Found the sweet spot though... I am working on progressing PE1 iM weight now (took too long and worked too hard to be able to hold ok form 10 seconds 5 sets with light weight, to rush anything). playing with PE2 iM with wide grip now for sure. I am in no hurry with this beginning shoulder flexion/extension work in my case.