Shoulder Issue !

Started by Pascal Poirier, February 22, 2016 · 1 Replies · 1,627 Views

Pascal Poirier

Hi ! I am having recurrent shoulder problem for almost 4 years; pain during horizontal and vertical pushing exercises. I tried 3 differents physiotherapist and chiropractor and nothing helped me. The pain is going away after maybe 2-3 months of no pressing movement, each time I get back to those exercises because I feel good, the pains come back in about 1-2months. I have had scan and IRM and nothing anormal was found.

I tried a lot of stretches and shoulder rehab program and nothing ever improved anything.

 

This time its my left shoulder only and its a bit different, when I straighten my arm and raise it in front of me, when I go over about 120-130 degree angle, I feel a lot of resistance in my shoulder and front of the trap area + pain in my shoulder, maybe more in the front of the shoulder. So as soon as I hit this 120-130degree angle, my arms naturally compensate and avoid this problem area and go to the side.

When I raise my arm by my side, I hit the same problem area which is where my arm is 15-20cm away from my ear. When I lower down my arm by my side, there is a ''click'' felt and heard in my shoulder, some kind of friction.

I hope you guys can help me with that, I am very discouraged !

- Sorry for my english, I am french.

Here's a video so you can understand better :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U-QY7ICOmuE

Thank you !

Cole Dano

My first thought in watching the video is you may be restricting your scapula from moving which absolutely can leas to the issues you report.

Check out this video which shows how the scapula and humerus coordinate in lifting the arm overhead.