This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Clarification on Mobility Mastery

Started by Daniel Taylor-Shaut, February 21, 2016 · 3 Replies · 231 Views

Daniel Taylor-Shaut

I'm fairly certain I already know the answer to this question, but I want a second opinion. Within Pro+ it offers the option to check a box if you have "completed all the mobilty". What does that constitute? In my mind, I imagine that "completing the mobility" would mean that I can perform the mobility with the same pace as the athletes in the Pro+ follow-along videos as well as full ROM (knees to the floor with butt on the ground on swivel hips; using 45lbs and having locked knees and wrists in line with my toes at the bottom of Jefferson Curls, etc.) or does it simply mean that I performed all the reps with the ROM that I currently possess, even if that ROM or my pace may not be up to mastery standards of the video? For now, I have been banking on the former, more conservative option (and de-selecting my completion of the mobility until I fathom that it is close enough to mastery) as it's been made clear that it's always better to err on the side of mastery, but I just wanted to be sure.  I know that I have not mastered the certain >ims that I am still currently working on, but I also want to be certain I am correctly tracking my progress for the workout scheduler. Thanks. 

Daniel Taylor-Shaut

So, then I was correct to assume that I had not 'completed' moiblity (as written in Pro+) for those elements. Thanks.

Cory Fair

You'll need to leave these marked as incomplete if you eventually want a mobility focus cycle to kick in ;)

Daniel Taylor-Shaut

Got it. Double verified. I had been doing so. It wasn't immediately clear to me, but as of last week's workouts I started to do so. So, it should take effect soon enough I imagine.