This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Short slight pain right after the tension

Started by Luzian Scherrer, February 21, 2016 · 4 Replies · 105 Views

Luzian Scherrer

I've reached SPL/SE3 (tuck planche) which I can barely hold for 5x18 seconds now. I've noticed something that I would like to know more about: right in the moment when I come down and release the tension, I feel a short, slighy pain in my forearms. It doesn't really hurt, but it still is a pain-like feeling that lasts for about two seconds. My main question is: what's the explanation of this phenomenon? Why is it happening at the moment when I release the tension?

I can remember that I had the same feeling also in the forearms when pressing up in the roll-throughs of the middle split stretch series (bad straddle flexibility, therefore quite some pressing required). Over the weeks it has completely dissapeared there and regarding the SPL/SE3 it has also diminished during the last few weeks.

Piotr Ochocki

Sounds like forearm splints.

Search the forum, it was discussed few times. It is an injury (too much too early) and best is to get it under control :).

Alessandro Mainente

Release slowly, use the wrists preparation of handstand 1 as prehab.

Luzian Scherrer

Thanks for your input. I always do the H1 wristprep prior to tucked planche. Releasing slowly is exactly what I did this morning, it works very well.

Mark Collins

It is an intense exercise. As you improve this pain will go and is nothing to worry about.