This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

RCPE1 Form Check

Started by Daniel Stephan, February 21, 2016 · 2 Replies · 91 Views

Daniel Stephan

Hi!

Ever since starting the program, I've been struggling with the hinge rows. I think I have the technique down now and only have to work on endurance now, but I let you be the judges. Do I still need to adress something? I'm also not sitting on the floor, just lightly brushing with my glutes. 

 

Ryan Bailey

Hey Daiel, me too. I think our time put in on these will be very rewarding.

Looks good.  One tip on hand rotation.  I find if I externally rotate my hands a little more at the top of movement, the shoulder blades retract better, chest sticks forward better, head relaxes with less craning forward.  Good work, lets finish these soon!

Ryan

Eva Pelegrin
5 hours ago, Ryan Bailey said:

lets finish these soon!

As soon as mastery is achieved. Some things never come soon enough.

I've been cueing the retraction right from the start. Meaning initiating the movement with that intend and simultaneously hinging at my hips while driving my elbows out. I have to post mine and get a form check too.

I think you need to increase your hinge at the hips with more hip anterior rotation. Try driving the back of your sit bones back and up. Seems like the spine is flexing a bit and compensating, possibly due to the lack of mobility of your hammies, but hard to tell with your jacket on and baggy pants. That’s just my own interpretation. I’d like to see what the coaches say.