Been working on this exercise for about a month now and for the first time i could get a full repetition. But i am not at all sure this is what it suppose to look like?
To much momentum?
Best regards Alex
This forum is archived information and is no longer active.
Started by Alexander Razola, February 20, 2016 · 15 Replies · 407 Views
Been working on this exercise for about a month now and for the first time i could get a full repetition. But i am not at all sure this is what it suppose to look like?
To much momentum?
Best regards Alex
Actually yuou are moving the shoulders backward too much. you should not pass over the elbows line.
Try to keep the chest a little higher. This will help when you have to do the L-sit russian dips.
I have been working on:
- Not letting shoulders past my hands in the dip
- Staying upright.
- Shoulder in line with elbow in the upper arm support.
Is this good enough to start working on multiple reps??
New video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G9JPGUHbBpU&feature=youtu.be
Old video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZkM4OEtaGOQ&feature=youtu.be
Thanks for all the help!
that's the way!
42 minutes ago, Alessandro Mainente said:that's the way!
I´ll take that as a yes =) Time to master this element!
Yes, still too much momentum for mastery. But a nice improvement nonetheless.
Yours in Fitness,
Coach Sommer
21 minutes ago, Coach Sommer said:Yes, still too much momentum for mastery. But a nice improvement nonetheless.
Yours in Fitness,
Coach Sommer
Roger, a few more weeks and i´l return again!
How does this look, still not good enough? Been doing band assisted for about a month now
Best regards Alex
Bump again!
My question was if my BW russian dips are mastery form or should i improve on something before going for 5x5?
Best regards Alex
Alex,
Totally not an expert on this but have been working on this movement myself. I am definitely not in a position to evaluate mastery--so I won't try. The below are really just my musings on the movement.
I figure HBP PE 11 is really just prep for HBP PE 12 (legs in L-sit), so I have been trying to train PE 11 with that goal in mind. If you look at the course video for PE 12, on the way up, the model's shoulders never drift forward of his hands. In the course video for PE 11, the shoulders do drift forward of the hands on the way up, but only a tiny bit. If you put your video on half or quarter speed, you can see that on the way up your shoulders drift a few inches in front of your hands. I have noticed that when my shoulders drift forward of my hands as I make the catch, it means that my upper body is canted forward of vertical, with my hips angled towards the floor by about 30 degrees below parallel to the floor/bars. If I try to do the L-sit version with that kind of form, there is no way I can keep my legs even close to parallel to the ground--I can hold a 90 degree L-sit fairly well, but no way am I going to get the angle between body and legs to 60 degrees while doing pressing work with my arms, I don't have the hamstring/hip flexor/glute flexibility or core strength. Thus, I have been trying to train these with an emphasis on keeping my the upper body perpendicular to the ground/bars.
Seems to me the way to work these is with chest up and pelvis always facing directly forward, not down at all. It really seems to hit my traps, obliques, and of course triceps.
Hopefully a moderator will chime in.
I would like to see the video recorder from bars height and not below.
The reason of why people fail on doing the L-sit version is the lack of strength of the triceps, they need to push vertically and the shoulders should be over the hands only when the elbows is almost locked, if it happens before then you are dipping forward and not vertically.
On 19 april 2016 at 10:15 PM, Alessandro Mainente said:I would like to see the video recorder from bars height and not below.
The reason of why people fail on doing the L-sit version is the lack of strength of the triceps, they need to push vertically and the shoulders should be over the hands only when the elbows is almost locked, if it happens before then you are dipping forward and not vertically.
Here you go as requested!
Form is good, the lean is definitely reduced compared to your first attempts. I would like to reduce a bit the lean during the descent part and lock the upper arms support before you reach the elbows height. this will prevent possible shoulders issues.
On 26 april 2016 at 0:44 AM, Alessandro Mainente said:Form is good, the lean is definitely reduced compared to your first attempts. I would like to reduce a bit the lean during the descent part and lock the upper arms support before you reach the elbows height. this will prevent possible shoulders issues.
When you say lock the upper arm support before reaching elbow height. Could you explain in some other way because i don't get it? =)
Thanks for the feedback.
These russian dips are awesome, did my first proper muscle up on rings without ever trying it before!
Ideally the upper arm support position should be reached before reaching the elbows height with the shoulders. basically when you fall back and you take contact with the bar over the upper arm there should be no more movement of the shoulders.