This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Hemp hearts a good source of omegas?

Started by Cameron Williams, February 19, 2016 · 19 Replies · 228 Views

Cameron Williams

It seems like hemp hearts are a good source of Omega 3 and 6 - is this correct?

Jeff Serven

Boom!

Cameron Williams

So, yes?:huh:

Jeff Serven

That was the sound of your gun going off when you shot yourself in the face. 

Cameron Williams

Alright, good to know... Is this because the body doesn't absorb the omegas from this source? Or have I just been fooled by hemp heart marketers??

Jeff Serven

Both and its ALA which is useless as compared to EPA and DHA(the other 2 omega-3s)

Cameron Williams

Noted. I'll just keep eating my smoked salmon :)

Thanks Jeff!

 

Jeff Serven

Sound good Cam. Keep up the good work!

Cameron Williams

Thanks!

Si Hoang

Lol Cam. Is it me or that's a few times your gun has gone off since we started Thrive? :D

Thrive the most entertaining subforum on GB by far.

Cameron Williams

Ya I think we're at 3 on the gunshots-to-the-face count :)

Jeff Serven

Cam! Are ya' still out there?!

Florian Nagel

Hey Jeff.

I fear the bullet myself, but nonetheless i want to ask you, what you think about hemp seeds as an protein source, may it only be an additional source for those of us, who do not eat beef? (By the way, you will be glad to hear, that i eat smoked salmon now, sometimes.)

e.g., there's organic hemp protein powder. 366 kcal, 10g fat, 10g carbs, 48g protein, 22 fibre. Amino acid profile:

Amino_Acid_HF.png

I go cover myself and unload my magazine in prevention.

Cameron Williams

Hey Jeff!

Yep still here :)

When's thrive 2 coming out??

 

Jeff Serven
1 hour ago, Cameron Williams said:

Hey Jeff!

Yep still here :)

When's thrive 2 coming out??

 

Tomorrow!

Glad your still around buddy, I was getting worried for a minute. 

Jeff Serven

Florian, 

Im glad to hear your trying new things and they are working for you. But, don't eat the salmon every day, you will burn yourself out. 

For the protein powder that is vegetarian(I assume) I would go first for individual free formed usp grade amino acids. They make them in packets of 15-30g for radiation patients. 

The hemp and pea proteins aren't to bad as long as they alter the amount of lysine and lucine in there by adding extra and some even reduce the amount of aspartic acid. Last I looked Sun Warrior did a pretty good job of a balanced AA profile in a vegetarian protein. 

Cameron Williams

Haha I appreciate the concern :lol:

Im stoked about thrive 2!

Briac Roquet

Not concern, guilt. He thought you had actually shot yourself!

Ryan Bailey
On 11/6/2016 at 3:57 PM, Jeff Serven said:

Tomorrow!

Hmm... 

Florian Nagel
On 6.11.2016 at 11:09 PM, Jeff Serven said:

Florian, 

Im glad to hear your trying new things and they are working for you. But, don't eat the salmon every day, you will burn yourself out. 

For the protein powder that is vegetarian(I assume) I would go first for individual free formed usp grade amino acids. They make them in packets of 15-30g for radiation patients. 

The hemp and pea proteins aren't to bad as long as they alter the amount of lysine and lucine in there by adding extra and some even reduce the amount of aspartic acid. Last I looked Sun Warrior did a pretty good job of a balanced AA profile in a vegetarian protein. 

Thank you Jeff.

Ok. I will not do that. Concerning the mentioned protein. You mean that one? 

Or do you have any other specific recommendations for "usp grade amino acid" packets?