This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

2L water goal

Started by Sam Andersen, February 18, 2016 · 15 Replies · 422 Views

Sam Andersen

I have been drinking the two liters of water and wondered if having a dry mouth and urinating frequently is normal.  Urine is clear and my mouth feels like it is dry all the time.  Does this pass once your body is used to drinking the extra water?

 

Thanks

Jeff Serven

How much more water is this for you? Before Thrive were you a human camel? How big of a change it is is probably the biggest factor but it might not be. 

Sam Andersen

This is a lot more water for me.  I don't like drinking water.  I would be surprised if I drank 16ozs of water a day, unless I was working in the heat.  I drink a lot of milk.  I only drank water if I was thirsty.  I have been drinking two liters faithfully since I received the task.  

Jeff Serven

Sam I think what you are experiencing is more normal hydration levels. My guess is the dry mouth will pass but you will urinatie a number of times a day, its just part of the process. 

Sam Andersen

Thanks Jeff

Jared Lybbert

I've also noticed the dry lips, and I'm in humid south florida, but today they were cracking and whatnot.  I'll keep an eye on it.  

I also hope the urination frequency subsides. My bladder capacity is just a shave above a pint now, sheesh.

Jeff Serven

You are going to have to pee more guys. That is just the way it is. If you want your body to process things and remove them then your going to have to take a leak 5 times a day or so. 

Jared Lybbert

Just imagine how proud you will be when you go into the bar and just out piss everyone, by minutes.

Andrei Coval

I go 5 times just drinking 1L. Seems like after 2 liters it will be a continuous walk back and forward to the toilet:). I was always wondering if this was normal, if nature made us so dependent on permanent water intake or is it just a human invention that has proven to have benefits. Are there many studies done regarding the water intake?

Julia Quigley
18 hours ago, Andrei Coval said:

I go 5 times just drinking 1L. Seems like after 2 liters it will be a continuous walk back and forward to the toilet:). I was always wondering if this was normal, if nature made us so dependent on permanent water intake or is it just a human invention that has proven to have benefits. Are there many studies done regarding the water intake?

I mean, pretty sure nature (or evolution) didn't care about frequency of urination, because nature didn't foresee that using toilets would be a problem ;)

Jeff Serven

Guys,

Stop talking about how difficult it is to go pee. You sound pathetic. The reason you pee a lot is because you have the tissue quality and hydration of Peter from Family Guy.

Andrei Coval

Jeff , if I don't ask I won't know,  I trust you that's why i'm following the course just wondering if this is normal , and since you indicated there is something wrong with the tissues , does it mean it will change, or is it something that you get used to?  

Regarding asking questions , hope this is OK , over-wise it wouldn't be different than just reading and believing everything there is on the net :)

Jeff Serven

Andrei,

Im half joking with you above. 

Long term hydration and nutrition has a large impact on tissue quality and hydration. If you have been drinking very small amounts of water per day then your body will get use to that and tissue quality will not be as "supple" in the words of Dr. K-Star. This effects elasticity, rate of force production and a list of other things. Your body will adapt to optimal very easy by comparison to how long it takes to adapt to being the next Homer Simpson. 

Andrei Coval

 Hi Jeff

Got it!  Thank you!!

 

 

Andrei Coval

Wanted to say that after a few days of drinking 2L of water a day 1L feels like not much at all and the 2L is perfectly normal.  Thank you Jeff!!

P.S.  Need a new goal - 3L :)

Jeff Serven

Way to stick with it and see it through. Nice job.