This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Supine Thoracic Band Pull form check-TBS/SE10

Started by Mikel Perez, February 18, 2016 · 5 Replies · 208 Views

Mikel Perez

Hi everybody,

I'd like to have my Supine Trap Stretch checked. I've noticed that I should lock my legs harder, but any other tips would be appreciated. I've been working on rolling down one vertebra at a time though I don't know if it's correctly done.

https://youtu.be/Lt5Fvx4C9Tk

Thank you in advance.

Yours in soreness :lol:

Mikel.-

Craig Copeland

Mikel:

From reading this forum, I believe that you want to avoid arching your back as your arms approach the floor.  (For three examples, check the :27, :55, and 1:15 spots of your video.)  However, I'm not an expert;  hopefully someone with more expertise will add his/her advice.

 

Mark Schoenhard

Keeping the chin off the chest, similar to when you are lying flat, will help in preventing piking at the shoulders.  Bring the hands all the way to ground and you will have a better position.  Keep this position throughout the entire movement.  This will ensure a good thrashing of the traps.

Mikel Perez

Thank you Craig and Mark for your feedback. I'll work on those tips in my next session and try and post a new video to make sure I got it right. (Y)

Coach Sommer

Much better form than I expected, especially on the first rep.  Well done.

The guys' corrections for the later reps as fatigue set in are spot on.

Yours in Fitness,

Coach Sommer

Mikel Perez

Thank you, Coach!