This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

V to L hanging leg lift

Started by Mark Collins, February 18, 2016 · 6 Replies · 232 Views

Mark Collins

After having spent 18 months on getting my hamstrings mobile enough to do the bench pike stretch I thought I would master the V to L hanging leg lifts in one session. 

Humbled again. This exercise is alot harder than it looks as there is no momentum that helps get the legs up. Hopefully I will get this one in 12 weeks.

Keilani Gutierrez

ugh. sounds brutal. I'm still working on my full pike, as well for HLL. inspired to hear you conquered them ^_^

Mark Collins

It reminds me of when I first tried to do a HLL. They always look easy on the video!

Mikkel Ravn

I knew in advance that this would be hard, and I was right. It's good to be right! 

Travis Widmann

Nice. I'm kind of glad that I'm weaker than you, because hopefully in the time it takes me to get to even regular HLL my pike mobility will have improved enough not to get in the way.

Petri Widsten

What's a "full pike" or the kind that you need for that exercise? Much more than hands flat on floor and head to knees?

Jon Douglas

21 HLL today. Closing in..... slowly.....

10 hours ago, Petri Widsten said:

What's a "full pike" or the kind that you need for that exercise? Much more than hands flat on floor and head to knees?

The active compression to keep your toes under the bar is quite different to being able to fold in a passive pike. From your posts though, your passive flexibility is enviable :) head to knees is about right on the stall bar HLL, but of course it requires lifting your legs to get up there.