This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

A.M/P.M

Started by Ali Dawi, February 18, 2016 · 8 Replies · 244 Views

Ali Dawi

Hi,

I am considering buying H1. I've scanned through the forums and found that if I incorporate H1 to F1 I have a choice of doing all F1 components in 1 day.

Is it possible—or should I say recommended?—to do FL, SPl, RC, HBP A.M and then do SLS, SL, MN, P.M?

Travis Widmann

You can do it any which way. It all depends on your schedule and recovery abilities. It's hard to make a specific recommendation because everyone's different. Try it and see if it works for you. Also, you don't have to divide it into two sessions. Some of us train all seven elements in one session. We call that F7 and yes it hurts. But if it's a time issue that's fine.

Also worth noting that H1 doesn't take that much time, maybe 10-20 minutes depending on the week. Many people like to add it to the end of a SLS/SL/MN session. Anyway, check the workout scheduler, it's got a number of scheduling options.

Christian Nogueira

I do this when travelling a lot, because sometimes it's easier to fit into the schedule, and sometimes, hotel gyms frown on people doing handstands against the wall :huh:, so it's just easier to do some exercises in my room. F7 would be optimal in my opinion but your mileage may vary. There's also to be said about waking up early, and doing your sets of hollow rocks :).

I would just recommend if you're doing H1, doing it first as handstand is skill work so you shouldn't put it at the end of a training session.

 

Talal Aldoub

Agree with both answers

Petri Widsten

If you also have/will get the Thoracic Bridge series you could do H1 after it. The flexion and extension stretches in it will greatly help you with your H1 mobility exercises (and vice-versa).

Travis Widmann
10 hours ago, Petri Widsten said:

If you also have/will get the Thoracic Bridge series you could do H1 after it. The flexion and extension stretches in it will greatly help you with your H1 mobility exercises (and vice-versa).

This is an interesting idea. It crossed my mind, but since Coach said not to place hard stretching in the beginning of a workout I've been been doing it after my Friday H1,2 session. However, considering that Handstand training is not particularly strenuous work and more about mobility in the beginning, and also that the end of the bridge session is essentially strength training for me, I might try switching the order.

Travis Widmann
12 hours ago, Christian Nogueira said:

I would just recommend if you're doing H1, doing it first as handstand is skill work so you shouldn't put it at the end of a training session.

 

I will say to this, it is a valid point, but also that the Fb day (SLS, SL, MN) is not demanding on the upper body until much later in the F series, so shouldn't really interfere with H1 work if that's done afterwards. But, again, good point, either way works.

Ali Dawi

Thanks all

Jon Douglas

Advantages and disadvantages to breaking up an F7 workout as above; there's no easy prescription, but there's no reason this can't work if its what suits your schedule :)

I do particularly like Tues/Thurs handstand (ie mobility focus) and stretch sessions. Placed between strength days they have done me a lot of good.