This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

MN2-PE

Started by Eva Pelegrin, February 18, 2016 · 4 Replies · 143 Views

Eva Pelegrin

Not sure if you want my torso more upright. Read that in someone's post. I could play more with the straddle width and height, and/or compression. Or refine the fluidity of the movement. I added a pause up top just to make sure I own that position. I've been focusing on straightening my legs further and being mindful to roll thru my lower back on my way down. Not too happy about the later yet, but my heart is in there though. 
https://youtu.be/sYu2MMT4gRw

Someone please tell me how to embed a video here so I can save you an extra click. I don't see the special BBCode button on the toolbar. I suspect the instructions from 2014 don't longer work with the new forum design update.

Cole Dano

I think all you have to do is paste the full link in to get the video to embed. At least for me, it's no big deal either way.

Your end range on this is excellent.

A couple of things to work on -

1) Now in the long run what you are doing is fine, but at this stage, I'd like to see a more controlled lift rather than throwing yourself so dynamically up into the top. Once you move on past the HLL variations, then I'm ok with dynamic V-ups for warm up.

2) Your letting your legs bend as you start to lift your legs, keep straight legs. I like to think I'm lifting my toes rather than my quads. Maybe that idea will help you as well.

Ryan Bailey

Eva, good range of motion. I really liked Cole's feedback, especially "lifting the toes".

However, I wanted to try and answer your embeding video question. When you download on you tube, try first clicking on the video to let it play. Once your video is playing, the address at the top is different for some reason. Copy this new address, then paste that address in the post like this:

The new address I think ends in "youtu.be" which is different than the one you have posted.  Daniel Taylor-Shaut showed me this a while back.

Eva Pelegrin

Slower, more controled tempo + straighter legs attempt, per Cole's feedback

Cole Dano

Very nice.