This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Relative strength, endurance or hypertrophy????

Started by Antonio Murillo-Garcia, February 18, 2016 · 8 Replies · 452 Views

Antonio Murillo-Garcia

Hello I have a very good question. In Foundation 1 is the aim for endurance, relative strength or hypertrophy. I'm asking because I have been on Hinge Rows, scapular shrugs, push ups for a year now

Keilani Gutierrez

shore up imbalances and lay the groundwork for more complex bodyweight static holds or movements. 

is your issue strength? mobility? because if you gas out before you hit the mastery reps, that calls for endurance. everyones needs are different. 

what weeks are you on each respective element? 

Mark Collins

Foundation will expose your weaknesses. So it could be mobility or strength. I just finished Mn PE8, which took 18 months. I was limited by the hamstring iM. So I had to focus alot on improving my hamstrings. 18 months may sound like a long time, but when you have longstanding imbalances it takes a long time to reverse. 

Now I am on the next exercise I am limited by strength and not mobility. Just keep putting the work in and you will get through to the next exercise.

Jon Douglas

Pushups I can see, but how do you spend a year on scap shrugs? Probably a good time to take advantage of the form check post :)

Ryan Bailey
4 hours ago, Jon Douglas said:

Pushups I can see, but how do you spend a year on scap shrugs? Probably a good time to take advantage of the form check post :)

Easy:  Tight hip internal rotation:)

Talal Aldoub

Strength and endurance cannot optimally be developed at the same time since they are at opposite ends. So, developing maximal strength increases the potential for maximum endurance but not the otherway, hope that was clear.

Jon Douglas
9 hours ago, Ryan Bailey said:

Easy:  Tight hip internal rotation:)

Aaaaaah got it, i thought they were talking about the scap shrugs themselves being the difficulty. Swivel hips. Got it.

Alessandro Mainente

All foundations are designed in order to improve work capacity and recovery qualities , a must for adv work.

Dorian Brown
On 2/19/2016 at 7:33 AM, Ryan Bailey said:

Easy:  Tight hip internal rotation:)

Have you tried the stretching course or any other stretching course. I thought I was never going to get swivel hips then all of a sudden it clicked. Also before I start a an F1 workout I do some internal rotation limbering to warm my hips up otherwise I won't hit mastery range of motion until the 3 or 4th set.