This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Foundation 1

Started by Antonio Murillo-Garcia, February 18, 2016 · 2 Replies · 137 Views

Antonio Murillo-Garcia

Hello I have a very good question. In Foundation 1 is the aim for endurance, relative strength or hypertrophy. I'm asking because I have been on Hinge Rows, scapular shrugs, push ups for a year now

Daniel Taylor-Shaut

If you're stuck. Buy Pro+ crank it up a notch and push through the plateaus. Foundation 1 is about achieving the balance between strength, flexibility, mobility, and endurance. Wherever is lacking will need to catch up and by Foundation 2 all of those factors should be on par. After Foundation 2, hypertrophy and flexibility get pushed into a much higher gear. 

Christian Nogueira

Not only that, but Foundation 1 is also about teaching the fundamental gymnastic shapes like Hollow, Arch and awareness of things like control of the scapulae (protraction, retraction, elevation and depression). The other objective would be connective tissue preparation.