This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

SLS/PE1 + iM – First form check

Started by Eva Pelegrin, February 17, 2016 · 3 Replies · 103 Views

Eva Pelegrin

These are basic moves yet somewhat painful for me to perform. Sadly, I typically avoid squats and favor lunges instead because they’re considerably less painful for me. I can provide more “injury” details, but not sure if this is the appropriate thread to do that; or if I want to share publicly a laundry list of past injuries… but I do want to work under the supervision of a coach, so thank you for keeping an eye on me!
https://youtu.be/B2WM0rSGSnw

Eva Pelegrin

Jeez, thanks Zach. The thing is I can still do some things, but to which degree of pain/discomfort is always the issue. Not stopping me though.

 

My chief complaint is right knee pain due to high-grade articular cartilage thinning. I also have close angle pain with hip end-range flexion and internal rotation (FAI) due to hip labral tears (anterior/superior, 12-1:00). Not sure if my acetabular retroversion is a contributing factor. In addition, it’s been 2 years now since I completely ruptured my PCL on my right knee, where I already had and a chronic ACL tear. Luckily, since I had strong muscles at the time, the tears never caused me any additional pain. It’s just a minor instability issue in the sagittal plane, which will be hard to deal with when I get to Speed Skater Squat. Ejem, starting to feel very self-conscious as I write this. Good thing I'm not for sale!

The right knee chondral loss (OA) is the main pain issue, coupled with the right labral tear (worse than the left one). Not much one can do about that and the success rate of PCL surgery is very disappointing at best.

 

Mark Collins

You move really well for someone with those injuries. You may not be able to do alot of the iMs aa they do place alotmof load on the knee ligaments, meniscus and cartilage. They are really good exercises to prevent the knee injuries you have. I still think you will get a SLS, but you may need to only train the knee in the sagittal plane(no rotation or lateral stress). The hamstring iMs should really help.

Ryan Bailey

Great work Eva.

Best of Luck, 

Ryan