This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Equipment Needed for GST

Started by Malik Blasingame, February 17, 2016 · 5 Replies · 366 Views

Malik Blasingame

I have a few questions about the remaining equipment I need for GST.

1) Is there a recommended brand of stall bars? This is the main piece of equipment I need, and building them myself isn't really an option right now. Will these be okay? http://www.artimex-sport.com/us/products/home-stall-bar-221-166 Do you know of a cheaper or better pair that isn't too expensive?

2) I don't have a bungee cord or any resistance bands. Do you know where I could purchase a pair?

3) I don't have access to parallel bars or a dip station with extended arms, so would these work? http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00GNHKF0Y/ref=wl_it_dp_o_pC_nS_ttl?_encoding=UTF8&colid=1HSX3H9SGL9VM&coliid=I1T9AQJSYNA0GE

4) My parallettes are only 2ft long and 9in high so they won't really work for H3. Which of these pirouette bars would be best?

- http://www.amazon.com/Tumbl-Trak-Floor-Training-Bar/dp/B006FF9N8E/ref=cm_cr_pr_product_top?ie=UTF8

- http://www.amazon.com/dp/B006BBPPIY/ref=wl_it_dp_o_pC_nS_ttl?_encoding=UTF8&colid=1HSX3H9SGL9VM&coliid=I1DNONV26LFOPQ

- http://www.amazon.com/AAI-Nastia-Liukin-Training-2-Inch/dp/B00DLVI0D4/ref=pd_sim_sbs_200_3?ie=UTF8&dpID=21eH-9FPHIL&dpSrc=sims&preST=_AC_UL160_SR160%2C160_&refRID=1C249SCZDN8ANB0Y4REZ

Do you know of a better option? 

5) Will this 15' rope suffice for F4? http://www.fringesport.com/collections/climbing-ropes/products/bomba-climbing-rope-with-clamp

I think that's all I need. Sorry for so many questions, but thanks for any advice!

Malik Blasingame

bump

Karen Zanon

1) I don't have any first-hand experience with stall bars yet.  I ordered a set from www.midwestgymsupply.com, but I haven't received them yet.  They were $500 plus shipping, but they have red sides, which you may not like.  Mine are taking longer to make because I special-ordered natural sides instead of red.

2) I use the green sport cords.  They are bungees.  www.sportcord.com

3) you might want to try Lebert Equalizers instead.  They are $100 cheaper and if you search the web you can probably find them on a site that offers free shipping.  www.lebertfitness.com.  Many fitness sites and amazon sell them.  They have a black or silver set that are taller than ones that come in painted colors.

4) I don't have a recommendation for parallettes.

5) I highly recommend Hammerhead Fitness for ropes/rope hangers and gymnastic ring hangers.  They sell three sizes of hangers (one for rope only, one for rings that you can add the climbing rope attachment to, or an extra long ceiling mounting rail for multiple users at one time.  I have their hanger, gymnastic rings, and rope attachment and it's top quality, very heavy duty, and easy to assemble and change out the accessories.   They sell the ropes, hangers and rings.  http://www.hammerheadstrengthequipment.com/gymnastics/gymnastic-rings   http://www.hammerheadstrengthequipment.com/climbing-ropes/

 

Joshua Slocum

1. I'm not sure.

2. I use these: http://www.amazon.com/Body-Sport-ZZR145HVY-p-Resistance-Tubes/dp/B00D435FOG

3. That would probably work for F1, but it's probably not going to cut it for F2 so I wouldn't spend the money. I'd just use a chair for bench dips and two tables or something similar for regular dips.

4. These look pretty good: http://www.amazon.com/Beam-Store-48-Inch-Parallettes-set/dp/B001TP1LXU/ref=sr_1_8?s=sporting-goods&ie=UTF8&qid=1455844969&sr=1-8&keywords=parallette. They appear sturdy and a reasonable height for H2 pressing as well.

5. Looks good!

Malik Blasingame
1 hour ago, Joshua Slocum said:

1. I'm not sure.

2. I use these: http://www.amazon.com/Body-Sport-ZZR145HVY-p-Resistance-Tubes/dp/B00D435FOG

3. That would probably work for F1, but it's probably not going to cut it for F2 so I wouldn't spend the money. I'd just use a chair for bench dips and two tables or something similar for regular dips.

4. These look pretty good: http://www.amazon.com/Beam-Store-48-Inch-Parallettes-set/dp/B001TP1LXU/ref=sr_1_8?s=sporting-goods&ie=UTF8&qid=1455844969&sr=1-8&keywords=parallette. They appear sturdy and a reasonable height for H2 pressing as well.

5. Looks good!

I decided to go with the green resistance bands and the parallettes you linked. I'm still not sure about the stall bars, but thanks for the help!