This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Soy sauce question

Started by Jun Chan, February 17, 2016 · 4 Replies · 165 Views

Jun Chan

Hi Jeff,

I'm assuming soy is to be avoided in Thrive, as I've seen responses in other threads about ditching soy foods like miso.

Would something like Bragg's Liquid Aminos be a suitable alternative? What do you think about tamari (wheat-free soy sauce)? Is it just the lesser of two evils since it still contains soy, even though it's gluten-free?

Soy sauce is probably something I would just have on my day off if none of these are suitable options. Was just wondering if I could reasonably recreate traditional Chinese recipes in a Thrive-approved manner, since pretty much 95% of everything uses soy sauce as an ingredient. It's like the Chinese salt and pepper equivalent.

If anyone else has suggestions for a good replacement, I'm all ears!

Jeff Serven

Jun,

The steps thus far don't tell you to remove anything. Just stick to adding the good stuff for now. If you are using a teaspoon in a meal here and there don't worry about it for now. 

Jun Chan

You mean I can't drink a cup of soy sauce with my meals? Damn, time to cut back.

Briac Roquet
2 hours ago, Jun Chan said:

You mean I can't drink a cup of soy sauce with my meals? Damn, time to cut back.

I know people who literally do that. :mellow:

Jun Chan

....but how? D: What is this I don't even