This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

WP/PE3

Started by Harris Spanias, February 16, 2016 · 2 Replies · 65 Views

Harris Spanias

Greetings all,

I have been working the last few months in HS1 and i have gladly improved softly through the progressions. In all but one! I have "stacked" in WP/PE3 (kneeling wrist walk) for some time now. I keep cycling the last month (W9->4x4 till W12-> 5x3) but i still feel very uncomfortable in this. I mean i can do 5x5 but my wrists don't feel ready to move on, its feels very "weird". Should i keep practicing the last cycle (w9 to w12) until my wrists feel ready, i should try something else? Does anyone had the same "problem" with me?

Thanks in advance,

Spanias Harris. 

Cole Dano

You have to move at your own pace with these. 

I'm not sure how long it took me to get the full version, with a couple of bumps in the road along the way, but they will come.

One trick I used in transitioning that may help you, is do say one rep of the straight leg walks and then finish the final 4 reps on your knees. 

You can also modulate the load by taking the knees back further or having one straight leg.

Most importantly though, as your common sense is already telling you, be careful with progressing too fast if your wrists hurt afterwards.

Harris Spanias

@Cole Dano thanks for the help and the advice. I think i'll keep cycling as i already do till i get more comfortable then and then i 'll try one of your progressions, once i feel ready for something more.