Pommel arm

Started by Nic Scheelings, October 22, 2009 · 2 Replies · 4,353 Views

Nic Scheelings

Hey all,

I'm training pommel a bit lately (up to three circles hooray :D ) and unfortunately when I make progres I get excited and train pommel a lot and as a result start to develop pommel arm. I was just wondering if anyone has some good re/prehab exercises for this condition. At the moment I ice when I get home and the prehab exercises I perform are pretty much just pronation supination exercises with a long implement (whatever i have handy).

Are there other things I should be doing to prevent the recurrence of this, as this is the second flare up for me.

Cheers

Demus

braindx

It's forearm splints.

Rice bucket is how I eliminated mine. And ice and massage of course.

Blairbob

Doing hand-grabs in a rice or bean bucket. Theraband circles (hold in each hand and rotate wrists around).

Really though, just like shin splints, you need to back off on your volume of circles.