This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

FL/PE5 progress assistance

Started by Matt Perrett, February 15, 2016 · 2 Replies · 195 Views

Matt Perrett

Hi people,

  I need assistance with next steps re: FL/PE5.  I've been on the PE for over 24 weeks and I've come to a point @week 11, where I can do 3X60 sec w only rest being the Mobility (shoulder bridge).  On the 4th rep I fail at 50 sec.  I can do all 5x60 sec if I give myself progressively more rest as the reps go on. e.g 2 min between reps 2 and 3, 3 mins between reps 3 and 4, 5 mins between 4 and 5.

I feel like maybe I need a microcycle for 4-8 weeks to get me to mastery?  When I say fail I mean literally my body just slowly lowers out of the position, no matter how much I fight to stay in good form.  The de-load for this PE is hard.  Suggestions welcome.

Matty.

Alessandro Mainente

You can increase the TUT with some exsaust technique:

-finish the current last set of PE5, rest 1-2 sec then add 1-2 seconds more of PE until you reach the total necessary seconds.

-finish the currect last set of PE5 then immediately use the previous PE(5-1) exercise to reach the necessary second to complete the assignment. if you can complete it then drop again the variation to PE3.

Christian Nogueira

You could also do  5x30 second or 4x30 second sets, with only the mobility as rest (so basically like the deload week) on the days where you don't do FL/PE5. I've found this very useful for these types of exercises, as you add some easy volume.