This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Are reps 'per side'?

Started by Gibson1, February 14, 2016 · 8 Replies · 212 Views

Gibson1

Sorry if this has been asked or is posted somewhere but I can't seem to find an answer. When it says to do 10r or 30r is that 30 each way/side or total reps? I figure it is probably per side but there are some exercises that specifically say per side so I'm kinda confused.

Thanks for the help

Cory Fair

Unless otherwise specified, total reps. 

Srini Duggirala

Cory,

For SLS/PE2, the mastery template simply says 10r and does not say per side. So the assumption is 5 reps on each leg for a total of 10r.

But when it comes to the deload week in blocks 2 and 3, it says 5x 3r and 5x 5r which has to be on each side because it is an odd number. This contradicts with our assumption above and I am confused. Can you please clarify?

Same with SL/PE1. I am not quite sure if the mastery is 30r per side or 15r per side.

 

Thanks

T-Nat

Cory Fair

Deload weeks are always half the total reps or seconds, so in some instances it will be an odd number.

Srini Duggirala

Does it mean that the mastery for SLS/PE2 is 10r total for both sides and that for SL/PE1 is 30r for both sides?

And on deload weeks just do the odd number but the alternate the 1 rep on left leg for the 1st set, right leg 2nd set and so on.

I think I am doing too many reps for the SLS/PE2 and I may have already passed the mastery. :-/

Cory Fair

SLS/PE2 and SL/PE1 are both totals, not per side.

Up to you how you handle the odd number, alternating is perfectly acceptable.

Srini Duggirala

Thanks, Cory!

So happy now that I am near mastery on the SLS/PE2 although I messed up and overdid on the de-load last week.Thank you so much!

I am going to subscribe to the GP Pro+ tomorrow so I won't run into these kind of issues.

Jason Naubur

Well, since the twisting squats are the problem I might just keep doing 10r per side on the Cossacks.

Or is that not a good idea?

Srini Duggirala

Jason,

I am not sure but since my week after de-load when I did 10 per side SLS/PE2 and 12 per side SL/PE1, my right hip has been out of whack.

My right hip/leg is usually the weak side for me.

Twisting squats are not  a problem for me . Exhausting but not a problem. I attribute it to my Indian background where we squat on the floor a lot and the Palio style toilets :-) I actually have better lower body mobility than my 14 year old son despite him being a soccer player and me holding a computer job.

T-Nat