This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Task vs Lesson Unlocking

Started by Cory Fair, February 14, 2016 · 23 Replies · 1,316 Views

Cory Fair

To clarify on some recent confusion:

-Tasks start on Mondays and Thursdays and are done daily with Sunday off.

-Lessons will unlock as soon as you complete all the days in a row. This will mean you can unlock the lesson on Sunday or Wednesday. Use this for any preparation you need for the next task.

-Any new tasks will unlock on Monday and Thursday.

-If you miss a day, you must wait to attempt it again until the next Monday/Thursday. Planning ahead is a major goal of the course. ;)

 

Daniel Taylor-Shaut

What happens if three lessons are unlocked on the same day? I missed a few days last week but was solid this week so I went from lesson 4 all the way through lesson 7. It's fine by me, but I was just caught a little off-guard.

LurkingFrog

Is there a step 10 that I am missing? I just received access to number 11. I reviewed my tasks and the only thing I've missed is the workouts because I've been log those elsewhere.

As an aside - for a UX enhancement it would be nice to add something like (11/11) in green next to each day to denote if all the tasks have been completed and (7/11) in red if not. That way I wouldn't have do drill down into each one to figure out if I've missed anything in prior days.

Thanks.

Jean-Rene Losier

Is there a way to back to days where you forgot to login to add your progress? I've been consistent on achieving my goals, but I just forget to always log into the program and log my results in. Which always makes me fall back to 0.For the exercise part, it's fine because I can go back, but it doesn't seem so with the nutrition side of things, or am I missing something? 

Daniel Taylor-Shaut
13 hours ago, Jean-Rene Losier said:

Is there a way to back to days where you forgot to login to add your progress? I've been consistent on achieving my goals, but I just forget to always log into the program and log my results in. Which always makes me fall back to 0.For the exercise part, it's fine because I can go back, but it doesn't seem so with the nutrition side of things, or am I missing something? 

You're not and to answer your question there isn't. They expect that one be able to check their daily req's off. It requires an internet connection, yes, but it's an online program, so, go figure.

Julia Quigley

@Jean-Rene Losier, you shouldn't be going back to 0 for nutrition--you just won't get anything new (which I know is frustrating when you're comping at the bit to get going!). Many of us have found that setting a daily alarm/reminder helped us keep up with the log.  

Karen Swartzbaugh

Hi, sorry if this has been answered elsewhere.  I don't have daily internet access.  The closest place to use a computer is 12 miles away at the library.  It would take a lot of time to hitch-hike into town everyday to push a few buttons for my thrive course.  I've been on step three for a couple months now, and would like to progress through the course since I have been strictly adhering to it.  I haven't missed a day of following the program in that amount of time.  Is there some way to back log the nutrition program?  That would be great, but if there isn't then I will just make very slow progress through this course.  Either way I have enjoyed it so far.  If Cory or Jeff have any advice that would be great.  Thanks for your time.

Julia Quigley

@Karen Swartzbaugh, this is probably something you've already considered--but do you have Internet access from you cell phone via a data plan? I know you don't have wifi at home, but I often use my smart phone to log tasks.

If that doesn't work for you, submit a help ticket and see what they suggest. I know they had planned on developing something for folks in your situation, but I'm not sure if that's live or not.

Ashe Higgs

I selected last Tuesday as my start day and have logged in EVERY day since to check off required tasks.  Since I selected a Tue as my start day, I wasn't sure if Sun or Mon was going to be considered "off" so I logged in to complete tasks anyway, but I got no new lesson on Mon.

Since I started on a Tue, is the program still set for Mon-Sat, (i.e. last week is considered that I only completed tasks five days in a row (Tu-St), so no new lesson for me on Mon) and I will unlock #3 next Mon?

[EDIT] looks like that's the case.  Lesson 4 unlocked on Thu but no lesson 3 yet.  

As a future feature request, it would be good to be able to just change your own "off day".  My schedule changes depending on travel and the time of year, so my off day is usually either a Wed or a Mon, or was a Sat for a long time, but never, ever a Sun.

Jeff Serven

Considered and denied. 

Ashe Higgs

LOL. I get the logic behind that.

Helen O'Sullivan

Hi, Just trying to figure out how I get the next task if I missed ticking the photo upload on the first day even though I did upload the photo.  I have ticked all my water tasks for the week.  Is there some other way to progress or do I get another chance to tick off uploading the photo?

Cory Fair

Hi Helen,

Looking at your history, you missed marking the breakfast fat on the 21st. This is what's holding up the new lesson, the before photo is perfectly fine.

Helen O'Sullivan

Ok, thanks.  I thought the breakfast fat was separate to the water task.  So I don't get to progress on either of them this week.  That's okay, I'm in no hurry.

Jeff Serven

Strike 1 Helen

Aaron Hughson

@Jeff Serven my task 1 and 4 are open to me as I have just began tracking my progress. Is it my understanding that task 2 and 3 will become available upon certain target points?

Salvatore Maisano

Hi,

I have been for 2 weeks in a row on task #2 because I missed ticking the box for a couple of days due to a trip to Australia.

Today I got task #4 and not task #3 as i was expected, erroneously apparently.

can anyone confirm what should I do to get task #3 unlocked

thanks.

sal

 

Cole Dano

Cory can fix that for you, just send him a note using the Help button.

Ashe Higgs

that's most likely correct depending on how the days fell when you started completing tasks again.  Monday and Thursday are independent of each other, so if there was six consecutive days of checking in between #2 and #4 before there was six consecutive days between #1 and #3, #4 would unlock first if that makes sense.

for instance I missed a check in on my tasks due to work / life, so I have #10 and #12 unlocked, but not #11.  It's happened a couple of times.  

Salvatore Maisano

thanks a lot. will do

sal

 

Lucy Flynn

Hi- Is there a way to look back and see your days and what you did or didn't do in the new set up? I can only access a couple of basic screens in Nutrition. I have the dropdown with lessons and tasks, and then do not see any where where I can look over the data. Am I missing something? I did every task every day, and am pretty positive I checked them all off on the correct day. I did not get anything new this past Monday--but don't know how to look and see if I failed to hit the save button, or my connectivity was an issue and it did not save right, or something happened with the system upgrade... thx

Ryan Van Fleet
On 6/2/2016 at 6:15 AM, Jean-Rene Losier said:

Is there a way to back to days where you forgot to login to add your progress? I've been consistent on achieving my goals, but I just forget to always log into the program and log my results in. Which always makes me fall back to 0.For the exercise part, it's fine because I can go back, but it doesn't seem so with the nutrition side of things, or am I missing something? 

I haven't found a way. I've been good for almost two weeks, but I forget to log in after dinner to log my progress. It would be helpful if they added a feature to retroactively log you're habits,

Ashe Higgs

that would defeat the purpose.

Jaron Householder

This might be a helpful strategy for those missing checking off their daily tasks... Check off your tasks for the previous days nutrition. So if it's Wednesday you would check off the tasks you did on Tuesday. That way you have a full 24 hours to get to a computer and check off your items. It's usually pretty easy to remember what you ate the day before, and it's a valuable skill to develop, as well. Or if you're an early bird like me and just forget to complete tasks at night, you can review the previous day's meals first thing in the morning, and make use of that "complete all" tasks button in the app. Of course, if you employ this strategy you would have to force yourself to complete the each of the newest items on the same day as the lesson task becomes available. In one way, this keeps you focused on the newest goal. But it means, you will have to separate the newest task from all the previous tasks, in terms of scheduling the check offs. So it's not a perfect solution, but it's close for those without the luxury of constant access to the Internet.