This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

SL/PE2 Form Check

Started by 347mont, February 13, 2016 · 16 Replies · 277 Views

347mont

This is week 8 (deload) and I'd appreciate some feedback to see if form is good so I don't 

 

carry on with bad habits or form that I may be doing not known to me. Sorry about the angle

 

on the 2nd side but this video took over 4 hours to upload so will have to do at this point.

 

To me I feel it would be better if my elbow was more inline with my back rather than have an

 

angle, meaning I should try and push my elbow back so it's in a nice straight line, looks a bit

 

forward to me in this set but not sure how critical it is.

 

Thank you.

 

TobiasM

You need to lower your hips a bit - Try to pause your video around 19secs when ur at the bottom of the rep. See how the hips is placed higher than your head? The hips need to stay in line with your head and not lift above or fall behind the line.

Wayne Grima

Thanks for the response. I did as you advised and looked at my hips in relation to

my head, I think it looked like that because my neck was bent forward so when

my torso was parallel to the ground my head was down. I'm looking to improve.

Wayne Grima

Any moderators to form check please?? :)

Cole Dano

Tobias got it.

Wayne Grima
22 minutes ago, Cole Dano said:

Tobias got it.

Ok now I got it too. I'll post back here with an update video in due course, many thanks.

Wayne Grima

I've still got work to do on these. Am I heading in the right direction though?

Tips and advice most welcome, I have a mishap on the 2nd side haha. I feel like

this set is better than my first video as I'm less arched/curved. Not sure, but my hips

may be twisting too much, hips twist a bit in the demo vid but not as much as mine.

EDIT: To me I think my right side(1st side) needs a lot more work that my left (2nd)

Left side might be ok.

 

Cole Dano

You're going in the right direction alright. Some of the reps are quite fine in fact.

You might try reversing your feet so the top foot is in front, in your case it might make it easier to keep a straight body at the bottom.

Wayne Grima

Yes Cole, on my 1st side IIRC 1st, 8th,9th 

& 10th looked pretty good and 2nd side looks

better than the 1st. Much appreciated as

always and will take heed of the advice.

Cole Dano

Foot position is purely preference, so use whichever you feel works best.

Wayne Grima

I'm not at 5x10 yet, currently at 4x10. Is the form acceptable? To counteract the problem I was having

of the body arching I tried a couple of things hopefully it's working.

 

Cole Dano

You're on track! Good job!

Your first side is more solid than the second for some reason, I'm not sure if it's just fatigue or some other reason, but keep an eye on that.

Wayne Grima
16 hours ago, Cole Dano said:

You're on track! Good job!

Your first side is more solid than the second for some reason, I'm not sure if it's just fatigue or some other reason, but keep an eye on that.

I'll definitely keep an eye on the 2nd side. I was having trouble with this one because at the start of the movement my body would be nice and straight

and as I would twist my body would arch up and couldn't figure out why. After posting for help and suggestions in the F1 forum it was suggested to engage

my PPT. Tried and didn't really help. What has worked is to really push my forearm into the ground and relax my hips, which made it feel like they were

sagging but infact do not, this allowed the body to remain pretty straight throughout the twist. Hope that helps anyone else who is having the same

challenge with one.

Wayne Grima

This week was step 9, and I feel I should try PE3 after de-load week. Improvements I have made while performing

PE/2 have been keeping bodyline, when I started these my head would be lower than hips and body would have

excessive arch. The other correction I had to make was less rotation at the hips which is very noticeable in my last

form check, even though in that one I had improved on keeping a straight body.

This is set 5

 

 

Wayne Grima

TTT

Cole Dano

I think this is good enough to move forward.

Wayne Grima

Very good:) . I'll carry on with these for 2 more weeks until deload and "play" around with

PE/3 between now and then.